Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had very little education and I cuss like a good un, if that's any help

****y bastard ****ing pissflaps

See what I mean?

The reason fans follow the players is because Twitter is the only form of media where the players normally speak their mind rather than the media soundbites that they have to give on TV/Radio/etc. This might not always be the correct language but if you try and sensor them then Twitter will only turn into another censored form of media.

I don't use twitter much, I personally wouldn't waste my time following football players opinions, not to say that it's not of interest to some. My question is do they advertise themselves as LCFC players on their accounts? If so they are representing LCFC in some way and should be responsible for the impression they give. Liverpool's Nathan Eccleston's "Don't let the media make u believe that was terrorist that did it" 911 cover-up rant landing him in a bit of bother is one example I recall.

If there are young kids who would be offended by this language maybe they shouldn't be on a social media site?

I think I'm right in suggesting few kids are really offended by bad language these days? It's usually the family that get a little annoyed when they start aping it.

I think that the fact that there were a few players involved in this 'name calling' shows that we might actually have a bit of team spirit at the club. Something that has been missing over the last couple of seasons.

Good point that it shows team spirit. I think last season might have tipped the boat and nearly created a sinking ship with all the new arrivals. Prior to that I think Leicester's team spirit was good. They were on good form when I met them in Bangkok, admittedly for 15 mins and on best behaviour in front of their Thai guests.

I don't use twitter much, I personally wouldn't waste my time following football players opinions, not to say that it's not of interest to some. My question is do they advertise themselves as LCFC players on their accounts? If so they are representing LCFC in some way and should be responsible for the impression they give. Liverpool's Nathan Eccleston's "Don't let the media make u believe that was terrorist that did it" 911 cover-up rant landing him in a bit of bother is one example I recall.

I don't use Twitter either but I would guess they wouldn't have anything referring to LCFC in their name. Would make it awkward then they moved onto another club.

I think I'm right in suggesting few kids are really offended by bad language these days? It's usually the family that get a little annoyed when they start aping it.

Which was my point, if you don't want your kids copying the language then don't let them on their in the first place. Sometimes its too easy for the parents to blame somebody else rather than doing something about it.

Good point that it shows team spirit. I think last season might have tipped the boat and nearly created a sinking ship with all the new arrivals. Prior to that I think Leicester's team spirit was good. They were on good form when I met them in Bangkok, admittedly for 15 mins and on best behaviour in front of their Thai guests.

If you are to listen to the rumours of how NP selects his transfer targets their personality and how they will fit into the team is supposedly as important as their footballing skill. Hopefully that will mean the team will start playing more 'as a team' this season (I can't help but say the last part of that sentence as Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669