Two bids for Mattock rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would selling a player, whom several clubs value at £5m be a good piece of business when his career is yet to start?

Can someone explain this to me? Are we skint?
Remember the hype about Stearman? Mattock could easily go the same way

Last edited:
Why would selling a player, whom several clubs value at £5m be a good piece of business when his career is yet to start?

that is exactly why i would sell, he has been very average and over rated on the performances he has put in. £5m if the correct bid should have been snapped up and used to invest in some decent finished articles instead of someone that might turn out to be good, on the other hand he could go the same way as Matt Piper, Matt Jones etc

What - for 1.6 million?

I think he means go off the rails in performance terms and drop in original value, until late last season Stearman was far from popular with fans due to looking quite shit, at the end he picked up his old form and at least brought in a decent fee

that is exactly why i would sell, he has been very average and over rated on the performances he has put in. £5m if the correct bid should have been snapped up and used to invest in some decent finished articles instead of someone that might turn out to be good, on the other hand he could go the same way as Matt Piper, Matt Jones etc

Sometimes we can be over critical to those we hold nearest and dearest to us. This also applies to our football team.

Joe is barely out of nappies and has England caps upto U21. Someone outhere with a damn site more footballing nous than any of us on this forum, reckons he has the ability to go along way in the game.

If his imminent future lies away from Leicester City I wish him well and will follow his progress.

I would also insist a sell on clause in the transfer deal.

As regards Stearman, a move away from Leicester, might just stop Joe from going down that path! :102:

It's not certain they do value him at £5m.

It's good business is NP is 75%+ of the cash to spend on making the whole team stronger. Is signings so far have been on the mark and hopefully they would carry on like that.

Sometimes we can be over critical to those we hold nearest and dearest to us. This also applies to our football team.

I can't see it as being over critical just because he plays for our team, I've been to matches that Joe has played in and fans of other clubs have said he looks either shite or average. Personally I don't think he is either of those but at present he is good but not worth £5m

Sell them all.

£3M in the bank....and Matty Piper commentating.

Can't understand it, but who knows what is round the corner?

....Joey?

I think a few are being a bit harsh on what is a very young player. He will develop and get better.

I wouldn't sell him as I think he has the ability to piss all over div 1 and we need as many of those players as we can get our hands on.

Roy Keane and David Moyes, and possibly one or two others, reckon he's worth a couple of million quid because they think he has the makings of a Premiership standard full back

But the footballing brains of Talking Balls disagree and think we are better off with a 39 year old has-been or some bloke we have never heard of

I laugh at you all openly

Roy Keane and David Moyes, and possibly one or two others, reckon he's worth a couple of million quid because they think he has the makings of a Premiership standard full back

But the footballing brains of Talking Balls disagree and think we are better off with a 39 year old has-been or some bloke we have never heard of

I laugh at you all openly

for now I would say that keeping someone that in the future may or may not be a decent premiership left back and not having £5m which would go a long way in this league is laughable

If Joe's career has not even started yet then surely he's as unknown as this unknown bloke.

I don't know.

If Joe's career has not even started yet then surely he's as unknown as this unknown bloke.

I don't know.

nah, he'll be worth 50m in a few years and real madrid will have to pay double to take him off our hands

Whatever but it seems clear to me that Mattock will go in the near future and we could really do with finding a Replacement with a fewyears left him in at least.Not knocking Powell but he is a very short term answer IMO

Whatever but it seems clear to me that Mattock will go in the near future and we could really do with finding a Replacement with a fewyears left him in at least.Not knocking Powell but he is a very short term answer IMO

We'll go for Christopher Poulsen if Mattock goes.

and have change spare to bulk up the squad with a bit more quality, a no brainer really

If a bid is received in the kind of region that Gunter, Ramsey etc went for then i'd say it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669