Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The ISO file is an image of whichever version of Linux you're going to place onto the flashdrive. The app that I linked to handles transferring the ISO onto your flashdrive and making it bootable.

The ISOs for the latest LinuxMint are here

Thats what i thought. My internet connection is so shite though it is taking forever to download.

Wife's XP laptop has just had a Linux make-over.

"Wow! This is cool!" exclaims son, and then went on to comment on the speed of the machine and the lack of noise.

Windows really is ****ing shit.

"Wow! This is cool!" exclaims son, and then went on to comment on the speed of the machine and the lack of noise.

The only possible thing that Windows has going for it is the software available for it, but even that it is changing.

As an operating system, it really is a pile of complete horseshit. Especially when compared to the likes of LinuxMint, whose focus is entirely on making the desktop as user friendly as possible, on top of the rock solid and secure Ubuntu.

We have 2 laptops running Windows 7 which are OK but the laptop running XP is one crash away from a linux makeover, the only thing holding me back is the drumkit software on it which possibly won't work and is very important to the oh.

I would like to install this, but would itunes work with it? I'm not sure how I save everything on there... I'm crap with laptops :)

Anyone who really wants a Linux OS but wants to keep their windows only software could always run a virtual windows PC on it via VMware. To be quite honest though I've no idea why you'd go to the hassle if you've already got a working copy of windows running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363