ULEZ & The Environment

Listening to some interviews last night, they've gone full blown Trump style haven't they?

Just making up stuff and doubling down when it's pointed out to them.

The next year will be full of social media lies and scare tactics. And given how dumb most people are, it might work.

That Uxbridge byelection has annihilated sensible decision making.

Stupid slogan after stupid slogan - war on the motorist, meat taxes, bendy bananas, hurricane of mass migration.

It's meaningless culture war shite that whips up a older (sometimes quite racist) voter base, who in reality, are never going to vote Labour and have no UKIP option to turn to.

Listening to some interviews last night, they've gone full blown Trump style haven't they?

The next year will be full of social media lies and scare tactics. And given how dumb most people are, it might work.
They admitted what they’d be doing, not too long ago:

The incompetence we're seeing now is just staggering.

Launching a conference with a slogan of 'Long-term decisions for a brighter future', only to cancel the highest profile national long term project that exists, whilst your own Tory mayor holds a press confernece outside the confernece hall to accuse you of 'cancelling the future'.

Even Boris recognised that the votes in the north had been leant to him and that he needed to win voters long term support by delivering on levelling up. Who is going to believe any pledge made by a Conservative PM, when 5 have promised HS2, only to cancel it.

I really don't understand the political timing either. Leave it a year and it's a big headache either for Labour party, or the start of a new 5 year team (should they, by some miracle, retain power).
I said the day HS2 was greenlit that the northern section would be massively downgraded from what was promised or outright shelved. It was all simply an out & out lie from the start. They never had any intention of going through with it. HS2 has ONE purpose & one purpose only. To join Brum into the London commuter belt.

" Levelling up " is the biggest piece of political bullshit since the Brexit bus.

Westminster doesn't give 2 shits about anything north of Hendon except for once every 5 years when they come whoring for votes, hoping everyone has forgotten how they were ****ed over last time.

Tory governments in particular have never given a flying **** about the north. Even when it was the centre of our industrial base & source of most of the nation's wealth they did **** all for it. So why now it's an empty, decaying, post-industrial wasteland would they give a shit?

We're essentially all governed as a vassal state of the Kingdom of London & the Home Counties. Get used to it, it ain't changing.

They're showing their true colours now as there's very little to lose. Unfortunately Cooper reacted to Braverman's Enoch impression by asking why they ignored other things, rather than just condemning it for being mental. The maddest tories will try and get Nigel in as leader before the next election, reckon they could do that.

Very much time to hunker down and ignore this shit. It’s going to get so ugly and nasty I won’t be surprised if they’re rhetoric incites rather a lot of violence and unrest.

Very much time to hunker down and ignore this shit. It’s going to get so ugly and nasty I won’t be surprised if they’re rhetoric incites rather a lot of violence and unrest.
Their, you stupid woke ****.

Know what you mean. But think its not good to ignore it though as bizarrely public opinion switches further right soon after the media and politicians do. Things that no one actually considers threatening to them are bigger issues than being able to afford to live a month or so after we're told by these privileged morons.

Already backtracked on a load of the announced new projects, inc HS2 into Euston!

Shambles of a government.

Example of nonsense. Yesterday's Daily Express front page says this -

The 'Brits' referenced are from an exclusive survey of opinions from a group called 'The New Conservatives'.

1696676775180.png

That was a good speech by Starmer.

Got his photo in the press though, so I'm sure he'll dine out on that for a while :icon rolleyes:
From an offshoot of Just Stop Oil apparently, a week after Dale Vince distanced himself from them so I guess that’s why they’ve pointlessly targeted Starmer.

I thought he recovered really well and while the message is still light on policy it’s just refreshing to hear a politician look dignified and empathetic whilst not spouting division, populism, conspiracy and hatred.

He spoke about healing wounds in society and I really hope that message cuts through more than the image of some twat getting dragged out by the ankles.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563