ULEZ & The Environment

Yeah. It's all the fault of the train staff

If you think the train staff, some of whom are already on incredibly low incomes and who are under the constant threat of redundancy, choose to lose a day's pay simply to 'piss the public off' then you're part of the problem.
And of course he did, but not for fun or simply to annoy folk. That’s how strikes work. It‘d be pretty stupid to do it on days where there would be little to no disruption.
The train staff that pay their union subscriptions and vote to strike,so yeah it's their fault.

So they lose a day's pay to go on strike simply NOT to piss the public off but then deliberately target the busiest days at the most prominent and popular events.
It can't be both ways, by targeting popular and mainly social events they are actually pissing the public off deliberately.

The train staff that pay their union subscriptions and vote to strike,so yeah it's their fault.

So they lose a day's pay to go on strike simply NOT to piss the public off but then deliberately target the busiest days at the most prominent and popular events.
It can't be both ways, by targeting popular and mainly social events they are actually pissing the public off deliberately.
If you're striking to make a point you don't just pick random days where nothing is happening.
Yes - they are pissing off the public in hope that that will bring the government back to the table. Again this is less effective if you do it when it has less impact.

For what it's worth - if someone had given me virtually nothing on pay rises for 10 years then wanted to make everyone redundant because they want to make it so anyone except the standard not-remotely-disabled person is ****ed on buying tickets or finding help, I think I'd be up for a strike as well.

You may not use the railways much but for those who rely on it many of the changes being recommended are a piss-poor way of reducing costs when as popillius popillius says we see the TOCs making record profits pretty much directly from the subsidies taxpayers pay.

It stinks to high heaven.

If you're striking to make a point you don't just pick random days where nothing is happening.
Yes - they are pissing off the public in hope that that will bring the government back to the table. Again this is less effective if you do it when it has less impact.

For what it's worth - if someone had given me virtually nothing on pay rises for 10 years then wanted to make everyone redundant because they want to make it so anyone except the standard not-remotely-disabled person is ****ed on buying tickets or finding help, I think I'd be up for a strike as well.

You may not use the railways much but for those who rely on it many of the changes being recommended are a piss-poor way of reducing costs when as popillius popillius says we see the TOCs making record profits pretty much directly from the subsidies taxpayers pay.

It stinks to high heaven.
My initial post on the railways was based on my Daughter and 5 of her friends that have just finished their A levels and decided to go to Brighton pride to celebrate their end of exams, they booked hotels and train tickets, 18 year olds that want to have a good time but get their plans altered but not for the better couldn't give a shit about the reasons why the train staff went on strike they were just pissed of that 2 of them now had to drive, along with the estimated 80,000 others that were going to use the train that weekend.
The people that are being affected by these targeted strikes are pissed off and have very little support for the strikes.

Nurses the highest earners in the NHS :043:

What a complete twat
If you actually read my comment properly instead of resorting to your normal personal insults that you wouldn't say to my face then you would understand that I said one of the highest paid in the NHS they earn more than cleaners, catering staff, porters, oncologists, receptionists, ambulance drivers,so yeah they are in the top end of the NHS pay scale. See I can even respond without lowering myself to insulting people which is something you fail to do on a regular basis

If you actually read my comment properly instead of resorting to your normal personal insults that you wouldn't say to my face then you would understand that I said one of the highest paid in the NHS they earn more than cleaners, catering staff, porters, oncologists, receptionists, ambulance druvers,so yeah you complete and utter thicko they are in the top end of the NHS pay scale.
Remind me what the pot called the kettle.

Remind me what the pot called the kettle.
I realised that seconds after I posted it so changed it, it's what I thought briefly but I thought I really shouldn't lower myself to that level,you must of been reading it literally as I posted/changed it

Last edited:
My initial post on the railways was based on my Daughter and 5 of her friends that have just finished their A levels and decided to go to Brighton pride to celebrate their end of exams, they booked hotels and train tickets, 18 year olds that want to have a good time but get their plans altered but not for the better couldn't give a shit about the reasons why the train staff went on strike they were just pissed of that 2 of them now had to drive, along with the estimated 80,000 others that were going to use the train that weekend.
The people that are being affected by these targeted strikes are pissed off and have very little support for the strikes.
If the objective of strikes is to highlight the cause of the workers then making your daughter think even a tiny bit about how it’s impacting them, then it’s a success isn’t it.

Once again, strikes are supposed to cause disruption. That is the point.
The disruption is supposed to frustrate. The idea then is people want resolution.

But, but, but...... that's the point of a strike.....

I mean, I don't know how else you want it written. Other than make a video using semaphore or some such communication, I don't know what else to do to make you understand the simple premise of striking.

Last edited:
If you actually read my comment properly instead of resorting to your normal personal insults that you wouldn't say to my face then you would understand that I said one of the highest paid in the NHS they earn more than cleaners, catering staff, porters, oncologists, receptionists, ambulance drivers,so yeah they are in the top end of the NHS pay scale. See I can even respond without lowering myself to insulting people which is something you fail to do on a regular basis

What would you suggest people do when in dispute with their employer?

If the objective of strikes is to highlight the cause of the workers then making your daughter think even a tiny bit about how it’s impacting them, then it’s a success isn’t it.

Once again, strikes are supposed to cause disruption. That is the point.
The disruption is supposed to frustrate. The idea then is people want resolution.
There 18 of course they didn't think about why there's a strike, all they were bothered about is having a good time.

And again I have at no point said people shouldn't strike as per usual on this forum people don't read and understand the full comments they pick bits.

My original point that has been lost in all the crap is that the strikes were pissing the public off, then all I get is that's the point of strikes and it's not the strikers fault blah blah blah.
Yeah that may be true but it's STILL PISSING THE PUBLIC OFF.

Suck it up and get on with it

Those ****ing fat cat nurses living a life of luxury and excess, all at our expense
Yes that's exactly what I said thanks for your usual level of toxic input laced with foul language.

But, but, but...... that's the point of a strike.....

I mean, I don't know how else you want it written. Other than make a video using semaphore or some such communication, I don't know what else to do to make you understand the simple premise of striking.
Sigh.

I said strikes were pissing people off and you come back with it's not done on purpose or words to that effect, then you posted that they deliberately target big events to get there point across or words to that effect which pisses people off, it's then somehow generated into why strikes happen.
At no point have I said people shouldn't strike I just said it's pissing people off and as usual someone has a different opinion and it's not liked so certain parts are all twisted to fill a narrative that's never been said.
Strike don't strike whatever.

No doubt someone will come along soon with a grammar correction, oh that will be so amusing.

There 18 of course they didn't think about why there's a strike, all they were bothered about is having a good time.

And again I have at no point said people shouldn't strike as per usual on this forum people don't read and understand the full comments they pick bits.

My original point that has been lost in all the crap is that the strikes were pissing the public off, then all I get is that's the point of strikes and it's not the strikers fault blah blah blah.
Yeah that may be true but it's STILL PISSING THE PUBLIC OFF.
It might be pissing you off, but it’s not pissing everyone in “the public” off. My wife works in the NHS and our kids fully understand why people have been striking, as we’ve explained it to them. This extends to why other professions are striking too.

It might be pissing you off, but it’s not pissing everyone in “the public” off. My wife works in the NHS and our kids fully understand why people have been striking, as we’ve explained it to them. This extends to why other professions are striking too.
It's not pissing me off as I don't use trains in this country because they are expensive, dirty, overcrowded and unreliable but it's pissing plenty of other people off, I didn't say it's pissing everyone in the public off, Some people will understand why and be sympathetic and others will be pissed off especially the majority of the 80,000 that were estimated to use the trains last weekend to travel to Brighton,
There was plenty of Manchester fans pissed off when the Aslef union went on strike deliberately for the FA cup final.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563