unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmiggy

What exactly are the people involved at this football club trying to achieve.What exactly is our goal,should we now accept that we are longer ever going to be a big club.We have slowly watched the demise of this football club,and to me,the total lack of guidance.We have no direction,and to be honest i do not have a clue what our long term objectives are.Do we deserve better............well i think we do.Things need to change,maybe from the very top,and change quickly.

What exactly are the people involved at this football club trying to achieve.What exactly is our goal,should we now accept that we are longer ever going to be a big club.We have slowly watched the demise of this football club,and to me,the total lack of guidance.We have no direction,and to be honest i do not have a clue what our long term objectives are.Do we deserve better............well i think we do.Things need to change,maybe from the very top,and change quickly.
No, not at all. We are not beyond salvage, but we need salvaging now. If it remains as it is, the club will die

We always seem to vent our anger at the managers,but should we not be venting it towards the board.They sit pretty,they screw the club.Well either sort or F**k off,and let someone else sort it.

In what way do they screw the club?

The majority of the current board have put a lot of their own money (six figures) into the club, without taking any money out.

Well show some guidance........... Show some balls.......... and get a good return on your investment,or watch your investment vanish.

We always seem to vent our anger at the managers,but should we not be venting it towards the board.They sit pretty,they screw the club.Well either sort or F**k off,and let someone else sort it.
Each week it's the same old thing sack the Board, But who wants to take over a club in deep debt, no money and no prospect of getting any?

Each week it's the same old thing sack the Board, But who wants to take over a club in deep debt, no money and no prospect of getting any?
Because that is the answer :102:

Are we deep in debt? This club is a sleeping money maker, it needs waking up and any good investor would be able to see where this current board is not making money and turn it around

Because that is the answer :102:

Are we deep in debt? This club is a sleeping money maker, it needs waking up and any good investor would be able to see where this current board is not making money and turn it around

Football Clubs never make money but its some fecker's dream to own their boyhood club. Didnt you watch Dream Team?

A simple question.............. What are our goals.....what are we hoping to achieve.How low are we prepared to go on in our present state.We are not the only club in deep debt,yet we sit lower in the league than most of the others.

Has the club ever made money?

How many of the clubs in the Premiership make a profit?
I'm talking about money for the investor. Did Milan Mandaric make any money from the purchase and sale of Portsmouth?

Yes - but that's something that happens very rarely - and he was lucky that someone with even more money wanted to buy the club from him. Most people who take clubs over lose a lot of money.
Thank you, the point I was getting at. The right man, not board, man as in individual, could make himself a lot of money and move this club forward in the process

Last edited:
Thank you, the point I was getting at. The right man, not board, man as in individual, could make himself a lot of money and move this club forward in the process

But based on history at other clubs, it's more likely that someone taking over won't make any money, they'll lose their money. Football is a very risky business, and most people who put money into a club do so because they support the club, not because they think they can make some money from it.

But based on history at other clubs, it's more likely that someone taking over won't make any money, they'll lose their money. Football is a very risky business, and most people who put money into a club do so because they support the club, not because they think they can make some money from it.
But I am concentrating on the word "right", if the wrong person comes in, we could be in a worse state than we already are. Which is why I think it is important for MM to give us some serious consideration before the club sell out to anybody.

Every team in the Premiership next season is getting a minimum of £30M...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669