Unspectacular player that you loved

....And he's scored in the Prem for Leicester City.

One of the best players I’ve ever seen in a Leicester shirt… and he’s magic you know.

No… not Iheanacho.
My bad, misread the title as underappreciated.

He was spectacular in every sense.

I’ll exchange for a double up on Lloyd Dyer who I think fits the description perfectly.

Personally, I'd put him in the other post about players doing your head in.

Never got the love in.

Apologies if misleading, but Cambiasso.
I completely agree. He played the whole season when we were largely shit, as was he. Yes, he was part of the great escape but I don’t get the love-in.

Is he a footballing legend, absolutely. A Leicester one, never. (Not that anyone in this thread has suggested he is but I have seen some fans say it).

Esteban - outside of Kante still the best midfielder to ever pull on the shirt. I remember him playing a ball to Ulloa once that was possibly the best pass I'd ever seen.

He was brilliant. What a player.

I completely agree. He played the whole season when we were largely shit, as was he. Yes, he was part of the great escape but I don’t get the love-in.

Is he a footballing legend, absolutely. A Leicester one, never. (Not that anyone in this thread has suggested he is but I have seen some fans say it).
I'll say it!

One from the long forgotten vaults.

Geoff Scott.

A remarkably brief, butterfly lifespan LCFC career but for me just personally memorable. Came here from Stoke as a left back to replace Rofe & was quite spectacularly shite.

As in Junior Lewis / Jason Jarrett level shite.

But then switched to CB after an injury (Larry May I think) & was spectacularly good. Probably MOTM in 3 of his first 5 games there. Fell out of favour when the injury cleared up & i thought it was grossly unfair. Faded away & left after 2 years without anyone really noticing & is now completely forgotten. By everyone except me I reckon.

I think it was the level of transformation that makes it memorable. Just looked a completely different player after switching position.

I always got a kick out of seeing Gary Coatsworth pretend to be a footballer. I was at a game, I wanna say against Luton, where he scored a 25 yard volley.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45