Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the fact that BOC got that wrong and I was correct won't affect my TB replay eh Sir Boccy Pants?

if we win at Saints i think we'll stay up. It might even come down to goal difference.... and a big thank you to Kisnorbo, McAuley and Fulop......

At the moment, the optimist in me (didn't catch his name:icon_eek:) says UP.

A lot of us are in denial. By saying 'no way' some of us are ignoring some disturbing realities. Sheff Weds and Preston both won on Saturday - and they both looked like they may well pull out of trouble. They played well and won (rather than draw like Leicester). Wednesday have acquired a couple of very useful signings & Preston are responding to their new manager more positively in terms of results than Leicester. If this is correct, then this leaves the final relegation spot to Leicester or Southampton. This makes the prospect of relegation much more scary and more uncertain. If Leicester lose their match against Southampton, I would say that I'm afraid that Leicester would become deserved 3rd favourties for relegation with all the bookies rather than with just a few as they currently are.

Playing so well and still not scoring on Saturday, says something about their survival prospects I'd say. A result or win against Southampton will be the biggest indicator of where the club will finish - as would a defeat.

Last edited:
A lot of us are in denial. By saying 'no way' some of us are ignoring some disturbing realities. Sheff Weds and Preston both won on Saturday - and they both looked like they may well pull out of trouble. They played well and won (rather than draw like Leicester). Wednesday have acquired a couple of very useful signings & Preston are responding to their new manager more positively in terms of results than Leicester. If this is correct, then this leaves the final relegation spot to Leicester or Southampton. This makes the prospect of relegation much more scarey and more uncertain. If Leicester lose their match against Southampton, I would say Leicester would become deserved 3rd favourties for relegation with the bookies.

Playing so well and still not scoring on Saturday, says something about their survival prospects I'd say. A result or win against Southampton will be the biggest indicator of where the club will finish - as would a defeat.

:038:

My thoughts have turned to DOWN - please amend your records.

A lot of us are in denial. By saying 'no way' some of us are ignoring some disturbing realities. Sheff Weds and Preston both won on Saturday - and they both looked like they may well pull out of trouble.

They played well and won (rather than draw like Leicester). Wednesday have acquired a couple of very useful signings & Preston are responding to their new manager more positively in terms of results than Leicester. If this is correct, then this leaves the final relegation spot to Leicester or Southampton.

This makes the prospect of relegation much more scary and more uncertain. If Leicester lose their match against Southampton, I would say that I'm afraid that Leicester would become deserved 3rd favourties for relegation with all the bookies rather than with just a few as they currently are.

good stuff ,we are Doomed

Last edited:
A lot of us are in denial. By saying 'no way' some of us are ignoring some disturbing realities. Sheff Weds and Preston both won on Saturday - and they both looked like they may well pull out of trouble. They played well and won (rather than draw like Leicester). Wednesday have acquired a couple of very useful signings & Preston are responding to their new manager more positively in terms of results than Leicester. If this is correct, then this leaves the final relegation spot to Leicester or Southampton. This makes the prospect of relegation much more scary and more uncertain. If Leicester lose their match against Southampton, I would say that I'm afraid that Leicester would become deserved 3rd favourties for relegation with all the bookies rather than with just a few as they currently are.

Are we,I just thought we were being asked our opinion if we thought we were goingh to stay up.The Bookies thing isn't just based opn who they think will go down,its based on their liabilities but I'm not going into all that again

I'm merely saying that opinions that commence 'no way are Leicester going down' are opinions that look like being in denial. I am not saying Leicester are 'doomed' in my post -I'm just saying that relegation is a very real possibility. What I did say though is that the result against Southampton really will tell us with a lot more clarity where Leicester will finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669