Upperton Rd Closed on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on the radio this morning that junctions 32-35 on the M1 will be closed - cant remember whether anyone would be heading to the ground from that direction but thought I would post it anyway. The are demolishing the cooling towers I think.

I will be driving past junctions 35-32 but fortunately they are not going to close until about 9pm.

Can I walk from Narborough Rd along Upperton Road or along the Fosse Walk

Can I walk from Narborough Rd along Upperton Road or along the Fosse Walk

Upperton Road is closed to all traffic, including cyclists and pedestrians. The Great Central Way is also closed from where it goes under the railway bridge right up to where it crosses the old river.

I'm not sure where Fosse Walk is. It seems to me that the only walking route will be through the park and over where the old railway scrapyard used to be.

Newts:

From Asfordby Hill, head towards Asfordby.

Take the bypass towards Loughborough.

Turn left at the Six Hills crossroads, still heading towards Loughborough.

Proceed on the Six Hills road for about a mile

Take the A46 to Leicester.

At the Hobby Horse roundabout, head towards Thurmaston.

Att he Asda roundabout, take the dual Carriageway until you reach the ring round (Thorn Lighting). Then turn right towards Birstall/Beaumont Leys.

Take the 1st left onto the A6 which you take all the way into Leicester.

Turn right at St Maggies, under the underpass, past The Charlotte, past Bannatynes, past the Tigers and you'll know where you are.

Newts:

From Asfordby Hill, head towards Asfordby.

Take the bypass towards Loughborough.

Turn left at the Six Hills crossroads, still heading towards Loughborough.

Proceed on the Six Hills road for about a mile

Take the A46 to Leicester.

At the Hobby Horse roundabout, head towards Thurmaston.

Att he Asda roundabout, take the dual Carriageway until you reach the ring round (Thorn Lighting). Then turn right towards Birstall/Beaumont Leys.

Take the 1st left onto the A6 which you take all the way into Leicester.

Turn right at St Maggies, under the underpass, past The Charlotte, past Bannatynes, past the Tigers and you'll know where you are.

thanks Melts your a star :023:

i have to be there for 8:30 am to reg ,first kick off 9am ,then it all depends on how far we get ,ive not got all of my first team due to it being a bank holiday but have got a strong team for it :icon_wink
Bloody excuses already :icon_roll

I'll be there about 9.30 ish. Flask of coffee and a Hobnob?

The changing rooms at Mowbray are all named after people who did a lot for the club Newts, one being my dad :icon_wink

Take it it's a while since you went there :icon_wink

They built a new changing room block on the other side of the field a couple of years ago, 6 changing rooms, refs rooms, cafe, storage etc

Are you going to pop up on sat morning and say hello :102:

Would love to mate but unfortunately I'm at the Beckham Academy all day, got to leave about 7.30 and won't be back till about 12 hours later otherwise would definitely have come to have a look

Hope the team does well (although obviously not if you play Mowbray :icon_wink)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669