Utterly pointless geekery

Status
Not open for further replies.
how random! how long does it go on for? i got bored after 5 minutes

Well, I did say it's utterly pointless geekery.
It's the whole movie apparently and no, I haven't watched it all the way through. I couldn't even bare to watch the real movie all the way through, never mind this.

So now realise when young people say something is random they don't really mean it's random.

From the BBC's lexicon of teen speak:

"random - odd, irregular, crazy, out there. Not used when something is genuinely random, but as an adjective by those who like to think they live a life less ordinary and have a wacky sense of humour."

How is it random? :icon_conf

I was talking to a young person about the meaning of the word 'random' earlier today, Jeff. I didn't really understand what she said but it's clear that the definition has changed in recent years.

To prove to the geek world that they have the skill to do it and because geeks like sci-fi movies.

For similar reasons XP users can get hot-air balloons and other flying objects to cross their screen. (Not that I can remember the sequence of keystrokes that brings this about though)

More pointless geekery (kinda)

In XP, open up Notepad (Start>All Programs>Accessories) and type in:

Bush hid the facts

Then save it, you can use any file name to save it as & it doesn't matter where you save it to. Then exit out of Notepad & open up the file that you've just saved, then run for the hills and hide, the CIA are watching you...

More pointless geekery (kinda)

In XP, open up Notepad (Start>All Programs>Accessories) and type in:

Bush hid the facts

Then save it, you can use any file name to save it as & it doesn't matter where you save it to. Then exit out of Notepad & open up the file that you've just saved, then run for the hills and hide, the CIA are watching you...

How/why does that happen?! :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670