Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we stopped in Benidorm one year we had a day trip to Valencia. The guide told us we were going to see this really important open air farmers parliament to decide the water rights that had been going on non stop since Roman times. When we got there it had been cancelled because it was raining.
Other highlights included an indoor market that sold exactly the same things as every other market and a museum about the restoration of the cathedral.

We spent a couple of days there in July as we flew in and out of there on the way to other places. The Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències (City of Arts and Sciences - apparantly) has some amazing architecture that we had to go to see, given that my daughter is studying it. Otherwise we just mouched around the city centre, the old part of town is quite pretty with the usual bars and cafes. I'm afraid I can't remember the names of the places we ate in. The beaches are ok too according to the tourist office at the airport but we didn't try them.

Valencia Cathedral is very fine and according to the Catholic Church it has the real Holy Grail which is on display.

It has turned a former river bed into a very nice park.

There is an Oceanarium which I very much enjoyed.

As with any Spanish city you will get very fine cold meats there.

Valencia Cathedral is very fine and according to the Catholic Church it has the real Holy Grail which is on display.

Yes, but the Catholic church also claim that muttering incantations over some wine and wafers will transmutate them into the blood and flesh of Jesus, which they can then consume, and that raping children is acceptable. So, I'm doubtful about that claim to be honest.
I'm sure that it's a fine building though.

Yes, but the Catholic church also claim that muttering incantations over some wine and wafers will transmutate them into the blood and flesh of Jesus, which they can then consume, and that raping children is acceptable. So, I'm doubtful about that claim to be honest.
While they don't openly state that prolific pederasty is expected of their clergymen, it's certainly something they tend to believe in.

I did make a point of saying "according to the Catholic Church[" it has the real Holy Grail. In no way am I suggesting that I believe it is genuine or that the grail is anything more than a delightful 12th-13th century legend.

Some believe that only the Charlotte Church knows the whereabouts of the true holy grail. This is due to her disciples espousing her her well taught mantra of 'voice of an angel, morals of a pikey, clunge of a hooker'. Her teachings have led people to believe that the grail is actually at the back of the kebab van outside Henrys restaurant in Cardiff.

Some believe that only the Charlotte Church knows the whereabouts of the true holy grail. This is due to her disciples espousing her her well taught mantra of 'voice of an angel, morals of a pikey, clunge of a hooker'. Her teachings have led people to believe that the grail is actually at the back of the kebab van outside Henrys restaurant in Cardiff.

"Poor man's Mawsley, you're just a poor man's Mawsley..........."

:icon_lol:

I did make a point of saying "according to the Catholic Church[" it has the real Holy Grail. In no way am I suggesting that I believe it is genuine or that the grail is anything more than a delightful 12th-13th century legend.

I know that David, but to be fair, I couldn't pass up an opportunity like that to prod the Catholics with my pokey-stick.

Hugs & tickles XXX

It is a bit ironic for Leicester fans to sneer at an exceptionally talented singer like Charlotte Church while our club is under the control of the agent of Mr Jersey Budd.

It is a bit ironic for Leicester fans to sneer at an exceptionally talented singer like Charlotte Church while our club is under the control of the agent of Mr Jersey Budd.

I know which one I'd rather wake up next to!

Exceptionally talented yet prone to being photographed in a Cardiff high street replete with boyfriend assisting her walking due to the fact she is intoxicated and with her undies around her ankles due to forgetting to pull them up after having a piss in the street. Yup, no reason to use her behaviour for an attempt at humour there for any fan, let alone Leicester fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669