Speculation Vardy for England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose with there being a couple of injuries, and players at the u-21s. But even then...

Last edited:
I don't think he deserves an England call-up but if he did get one it would be quite amusing.

Maybe Hodgson was there on Saturday to see Konchesky.

I don't think he deserves an England call-up but if he did get one it would be quite amusing.

'tis silly season in full swing

Is this some sort of England snobbery?

'Not good enough. He used to play for Fleetwood don't you know'

Vardy has terrorised the best backs in the Premier League.

The very fact he is a different type of player may give him a big advantage.

He just needs a Beckham or Gerrard in the team to put the ball in the channels for him to chase.

He just needs a Beckham or Gerrard in the team to put the ball in the channels for him to chase.

I agree Mike - more useful and tenacious than some of the others that have played in the past and are now touted around.

Gives them something different.

The nearest is Walcott, but I'd venture Vardy unsettles defenders more than Theo does.... just think of the free kicks that the likes of Italy, Spain and all the South American teams would give away trying to contain him.

Last time these rumours went around Vardy's form fell off a cliff

The last time round the suggestions were because of one excellent match against Man Utd. The rumours weren't warranted then IMO, but he did have probably the best game of his career with a goal and 4 assists.

This time round, he has terrorised defenders, some excellent ones, and has gained four assists and three goals in 8 matches. If there are injuries etc, and if two strikers are playing in the u21s team, then why not? Vardy certainly would get my nod ahead of Lambert. Even Wellbeck is struggling to start for Arsenal. Vardy for England!

It's not snobbery it's just that four goals in 528 minutes of football isn't that good is it?

Saying that, I do appreciate that ten assists is quite impressive.

England do not play football in a way that would allow a player like Reg to shine, he's too positive and tenacious to play with such a slow mentality.

Love him to bit but he's way off England standard.

Workrate is unquestionable but if he was a good goalscorer he would have scored at least one of out the Newcastle header and the Southampton one on one.

He is a quick version of Heskey and a less skilful version of Mahrez.

Because he will literally bully his way to a ball and past the defender, he will, like Heskey and Mahrez, pull more than one defender to him, releasing another forward/midfielder into space when he gets a cross in.

Mahrez second goal was a classic example, when the second defender went out to stop Vardy, leaving Mahrez alone in front of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566