Vardy For England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughable really as it just proves he's never really watched him play.

Last season, all Vardy was lacking was the goals as his link up play and work rate has always been spot on, he just needed to get the goals his effort deserved which is exactly what is happening now.

One of the main reason's England rarely produce any good players now is that we have idiots like him and Boothroyd in charge of the younger teams!

(I know Taylor doesn't any more before any says so!)

...he [Peter Taylor] was the reason for Leicester downward spiral.

Far too simplistic a view. There were many people who had a hand in that. People who have been around long enough will remember my insistence that even the almighty Martin O'Neill can't be held entirely innocent in this respect.

Far too simplistic a view. There were many people who had a hand in that. People who have been around long enough will remember my insistence that even the almighty Martin O'Neill can't be held entirely innocent in this respect.
My comment wasn't meant to be a definitive statement about Taylors role , however he spent a lot money, far to much money , on players who where simply not good enough, rather than highlight who these were,( I'm sure we could all name a couple). I would rather ask the question did he actually buy anyone that was any good? I for one can't think of a single player who went on to have a successful career either at City or elsewhere.

He's the one who thought the llikes of Junior Lewis was a midfielder never mind a footballer.
Come on Folks, I think we're being a bit harsh. This man clearly knows a thing or 2 about strikers.

After all, he spent the money we got for Heskey and bought Akinbiyi, who proved a big hit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Taylor was shit. Signed a load of old bollocks, paid over the odds for all of it, and couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

Taylor is one of the biggest continual failures in football, which is some achievement considering the swathe of talentless muppets who have made a living from it.

Far be it from me to defend Twatlor, but the reality of the situation isn't quite as portrayed.

Firstly, a disclaimer: Twatlor was and remains a thoroughly over-rated coach and a piss poor manager.

However, when he joined us, he provided the board with a list of players that he wanted to sign. This list largely comprised of young, talented English players. For example, one was Paul Robinson who was then the Leeds reserve keeper behind Martyn. Unfortunately, a combination of Leeds reluctance to sell and an injury to Martyn prevented the move. In the end, we purchased a much inferior alternative (the massively over-rated Walker). This same thing, due to all manner of reasons, happened to almost all his original targets. By the time the rebuilding job was done, and we can debate the necessity of this at the time, he ended up with second, third and fourth choice targets. Not surprisingly, we became a shite team. Had the board got his original targets, the squad would have been much stronger.

In respect to this article, we have to accept the situation that we are in. We're a national story and so the media will look for any angle, or any association, to try to make a headline about us. This is a typical example of a story that is utterly meaningless and not worthy of the application of brain cells.

I confronted him when he came with Palace and asked for the money back that he had spunked on utter shit.

His reply was 'At least I got the chance'

Silly ****

I always find these articles amusing. It suggests that Mourino has sat down with the very reputable journalists from the Mirror and 'chewed the fat' about who they are targeting in January.

Or:

It is complete bollocks and without any foundation.

Whadda you reckon PPF?
Selling papers doesn't necessarily rely on things being true.

Can you imagine Vardy in a system that is so slow and calculated?

This is why Vards will be going nowhere In January, unless he actually wants to kill the finest season of his life dead in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566