Vardy Racism Row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then explain why Simpson wasn't moved on? Or Vardy?
Is he not currently appealing the decision of the courts? I would therefore hazard a guess they are waiting on the outcome of this before a decision is made.

Its difficult to 'rank' the 3 episodes in terms of poor behavior / bringing the club into dis-repute but I honestly think Vardy's actions are simply ignorant and because he is a bit of an idiot rather than any underlying racism and is the least 'offensive' of the 3 incidents.

The other 2 are more difficult, are the '3 kids in Thailand' really racist? Probably not, but the level of their offense & stupidity is on a different level and the fact that it was in Thailand obviously counts against them from the owners point of view.

Simpson is completely different altogether and a more unsavoury character based on history and also the only one to be charged with breaking the law, hard to justify that the '3 kids' incident was worse than this from a legal stand-point but then its probably received less coverage / impact to the King Power brand and also currently undergoing an appeal process so is hard for the club to act before this is concluded

So it's the reaction of the media that they were sacked for? You'll never convince me that what they did was worse than Simpson. We'll just have to go our separate ways believing the other to be very naive
No Matt. It is the natural response and reaction of the worldwide public, not the media, that they were sacked for. I'm convinced that what the three did was infinitely worse than what Simpson did. The courts have dealt with him and that's it in my view. We'll just have to agree to disagree, but naivety doesn't come into it.

Whilst Vardy's and Simpson's actions were in no way applaudable, they were acts committed in their private time and were not representing the club at the time they took place.

I'm sure there is a phrase about shitting on your own doorstep or something.

Simpson's actions are by far the most reprehensible of the three incidents and I also agree that you could make a fair argument that the three ****wits that made ****s of themselves in Thailand were harshly dealt with.

Is he not currently appealing the decision of the courts? I would therefore hazard a guess they are waiting on the outcome of this before a decision is made.
I haven't read that he is, but may be the case. I'm not surprised by any of it, just disappointed. I also happen to think more should be made of footballers who are caught drink driving etc.

I think we need to come up with some sort of formula to define which incident deserved the worst punishment.

I'm thinking something along the lines of, each ranked 1-10:

level_of_heinousness x potential_impact_on_club + timing_of_incident + (2 x reaction_of_public)^3 = level_of_punishment

Highest score wins (but gets sacked), middle gets a snog and lowest we can marry.

Go!

At least we didn't have to watch a video of some feckwit being rimmed for the Simpson misdemeanour.

Do you think we could bring this thread to a close, we are, by this constant bickering about the 'rights' and wrongs' of the individual cases and the endless efforts by some individuals to have their opinion dominate that we are actually harming the club we all supposed to support. The truth is that our opinions count for nothing in the grand scheme of things, none of the opinions on here or any other forums will influence decisions made by Club. The truth is those in positions of power within the Club have done what they consider to be in both the public and Clubs best interests. They may not have all the facts but they certainly have more than we do, so all the posturing on here will not alter that one jot

Please do. We could all do with a laugh.
By all means go back and look at your posts regarding Pearson's dismissal then - there's plenty to raise everyone's spirits with your mirth-ridden contributions. At times it was like you were channeling the comedy spirit of Michael McIntyre.

By all means go back and look at your posts regarding Pearson's dismissal then - there's plenty to raise everyone's spirits with your mirth-ridden contributions. At times it was like you were channeling the comedy spirit of Michael McIntyre.
Weak.

Do you think we could bring this thread to a close
No, that isn't going to happen.

we are, by this constant bickering ...
"bickering"??? It's a discussion. On a, you know, discussion forum.

...about the 'rights' and wrongs' of the individual cases and the endless efforts by some individuals to have their opinion dominate that we are actually harming the club we all supposed to support.
:eek: What the squelchy **** are you banging on about?!?!?! How could we possibly be "harming the club" by discussing what has happened and offering our personal opinions? What colour is the sky on your planet?

The truth is that our opinions count for nothing in the grand scheme of things, none of the opinions on here or any other forums will influence decisions made by Club. The truth is those in positions of power within the Club have done what they consider to be in both the public and Clubs best interests. They may not have all the facts but they certainly have more than we do, so all the posturing on here will not alter that one jot
I can confidently say that absolutely nobody, in possession of a rational cognitive function, thought for a moment that it would. As I pointed out above, this is just a discussion forum.

What a gaggle of ****wits

Vardy was never going to be sacked. Suarez and Terry weren't for far worse - and their value to their clubs was akin to Vardy for us.

The kids were disposable - worth a couple of hundred thousand or so each - rather than the £15 million of Vardy.

Only a loon would look for morality to take precedence over money or success in professional football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669