Vassell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor old OG probably thinks you're discussing motorways.

I have made the point to others that the subject under discussion has no obvious relationship to traffic arteries around Glasgow. But they persist.

Innit

Just reported on ssn that bestiktas have had a bid rejected for him.

Last edited:
From sky sports

Manchester City have rejected a bid for Darius Vassell from Turkish side Besiktas.

There have been rumours that Sven Goran Eriksson was prepared to let the striker leave as he looks to rebuild the squad ahead of the new season.

However, it now appears the striker, who earned 22 England caps under Eriksson, may have a future at the City of Manchester Stadium.

A statement on the club's website said: "Manchester City can confirm that they have received an offer from Besiktas for Darius Vassell, which has been rejected by the club.

"The player is part of the 22-man squad currently on the pre-season tour of Sweden."

The details of the bid have not been released.

I would take McLeod anyday, even though he is not proven at this level. For Vassell, it seems to be more of a case of NOT being able to get him rather than whether he is good enough. Mcleod would be a gamble, but i reckon that if we were to sign him, he would be very successful at Leicester, seems to have a je ne sais quoi...and besides, Players from lower leagues are sometimes better than those in higher leagues...I would sell Fryatt for 900k, bring in Mcleod, and watch the goals pour in. MA will know what he is doing, if it comes down to more likely outcome - mcleod or DJ, it helps that MA has worked with both. The Mcleod to Charlton rumour is worrying, with Todorov and Mcleod up front next year, they will rip apart!!

Last edited:
I would take McLeod anyday, even though he is not proven at this level, I certainly think that it is more of a case of NOT being able to get Vassell rather than whether he is good enough. Mcleod would be a gamble, but i reckon that if we were to sign him, he would be very successful at Leicester, seems to have a je ne sais quoi...and besides, Players from lower leagues are sometimes better than those in higher leagues...I would sell Fryatt for 900k, bring in Mcleod, and watch the goals pour in. MA will know what he is doing, if it comes down to more likely outcome - mcleod or DJ, it helps that MA has worked with both. The Mcleod to Charlton rumour is worrying, with Todorov and Mcleod up front next year, they will rip apart!!

I am not against bringing McLeod in but the figure being spoken about to get him is around the £1.5mil mark. Selling Fryatt for anything less than that, in my opinion, would be bad business.

I am not against bringing McLeod in but the figure being spoken about to get him is around the £1.5mil mark. Selling Fryatt for anything less than that, in my opinion, would be bad business.

I believe the terminology is shooting oneself in ones foot. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566