VBA anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

im ok at VBA but am struggling to grasp the concept of class modules... anyone? i have an example i'd like explaining

so what's the difference between get let & set?

Set creates an instance of the VBA Class, towhit an Object.

Get and Let are access operators that allow the Class to manipulate private Class variables to return the value for that variable in the case of a get and to assign a value to the variable in the case of a let.

This is done because only the Class itself may manipulate the values of a private variable. ;)

Set creates an instance of the VBA Class, towhit an Object.

Get and Let are access operators that allow the Class to manipulate private Class variables to return the value for that variable in the case of a get and to assign a value to the variable in the case of a let.

This is done because only the Class itself may manipulate the values of a private variable. ;)

getting there, ta

am currently kness deep in the stuff :)

Better still use a proper language, Java. ;)

funnily, Java doesn't seem to crop up in investment banking, except doing little things on the intranet. it's never hardcore. Strategic IT always seems to be SQL server and c# stuff

anyone know how to convert a string to a bespoke type, e.g. xlChartType

funnily, Java doesn't seem to crop up in investment banking, except doing little things on the intranet. it's never hardcore. Strategic IT always seems to be SQL server and c# stuff

What ever the rights and wrongs of Java, the emboldened above are not hardcore. ;)

I need a context and therefore I need a spec. ;)

solved it, vba actually uses numbers and the xlcharttype is really an integer

i'm stuck on something else now :)

Java is more hardcore than SQL and at least as hardcore as C#

Java is more hardcore than SQL

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, they both do different things, a banana is more hardcore than a first class stamp, but then again no it ain't because they are both near the top of their own field

( I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670