Victory Parade May 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-36210199

A victory parade will be held to celebrate Leicester City's Premier League success on 16 May, the BBC understands.

It is believed the route will go from the King Power Stadium to the city centre before ending at a park.

The city council has refused to officially confirm any plans but previously said Town Hall Square was not big enough.

Leicester City were confirmed Premier League champions on Monday night.

_89599847_pa-19737603.jpg
Image copyrightPA
Image captionThe 2014 route went along the High Street, past the Clock Tower and on to Town Hall Square

In 2014, the Foxes held an open top bus parade to celebrate promotion to the top flight after a 10-year absence.

Thousands of people lined the route from High Street, past the Clock Tower before about 6,000 fans greeted the buses in Town Hall Square.

City Mayor Sir Peter Soulsby has previously told the Leicester Mercury that too many people would want to celebrate to be able to hold anything in Town Hall Square again.

Leicester City will lift the Premier League trophy on Saturday at their last home match against Everton.

The parade is expected on 16 May, the day after Leicester's final game of the season at last season's champions Chelsea.

I'm not quite sure why they think more will turn up this time than two years ago, considering it's a work day this time.

I'm away for work that day which sucks somewhat.

I'm not quite sure why they think more will turn up this time than two years ago, considering it's a work day this time.

I'm pretty sure it will be in the evening after most people have been to work. Maybe people who work in Leicester will stay in the city centre after work, so there could be more people as a result of it being on a work day.

I'm away for work that day which sucks somewhat.

6000 ? Are you joking? I reckon there will be at least 20,000

6000 ? Are you joking? I reckon there will be at least 20,000
There were more than 6,000 last time, it just said there were 6,000 in town hall square to greet the players, no mention of the thousands of others lining the streets the bus travelled along.

Hope it is the evening, otherwise I'll have no chance due to not working in Leicester... :(

It will be at half four in the morning for the benefit of television viewers abroad. Stupid bloody day to have it on.

Chosen so the players and staff can go on holiday asap after the final game.

Could be significant for those on international duty.

Maybe people who work in Leicester will stay in the city centre after work

Maybe people who work in Broadstairs have already arranged to have a day off.

Just how do you celebrate winning the Barclays Premier League? You throw a party of course!

So clear your diaries and bring your City shirts because Leicester will host a party on Monday 16 May, and you’re all invited.

For the first time in our 132-year history, Leicester City Football Club are the Champions of England, with the players having written their names into footballing folklore with a season like no other.

Wes Morgan will lift the famous trophy for the first time on Saturday afternoon, and rest assured it’ll be with him on the open top bus for the victory parade on Monday 16 May, as Claudio Ranieri and his squad celebrate with the people of a city that they have made so proud.

A sea of blue greeted Wes and the Championship title-winning squad outside the Town Hall two years ago, but with this year’s victory parade set to conclude at Victoria Park, it will be much, much bigger.

*FULL ROUTE MAP HERE*

There will be a special activity zone at Victoria Park from 3pm, with video highlights of City’s season being played from 4.30pm, while the Cultural Quarter area around the Curve Theatre includes special family-friendly activities and viewing areas (open from 3pm until 8pm).

After making its way through the city streets, the bus will finally arrive with the squad and the trophy at Victoria Park around 7pm, where the celebrations will continue.

While there will undoubtedly be thousands of Foxes fans lining the route, supporters watching the parade from Victoria Park will be able to watch the entire thing on the big screens, with a helicopter set to follow the bus through the city.

After a host of activities on stage, including appearances from our title winners and the trophy, the celebrations are set to conclude at around 9pm.

This is sure to be one of the greatest days in the history of our proud city, and everyone at the Football Club would be delighted if you could join us to share in the celebrations.

Breakdown of Events:
3pm – The family-friendly Activation Zone at Victoria Park opens. This will host a number of activities including LCFC Community Trust football coaching, teambuilding puzzles and football obstacle courses.

4.30pm – The stage at Victoria Park will begin showing highlights from Leicester City’s Premier League-winning season as the excitement of the bus parade begins to build.

6pm – The open-top bus tour will start from Jubilee Square, making its way through Leicester and finishing at Victoria Park.

As the bus tour goes through the City Centre, there will be a number of celebration stops. During the bus tour, there will be family-friendly viewing platforms at the Curve – who will also be hosting a range of family-friendly activities.

7pm – The buses will arrive at Victoria Park, where the players will be on stage for roughly an hour – giving supporters another chance to see their Premier League winning team and the Barclays Premier League trophy.

Following the appearances from the squad on stage, there will be a host of other entertainment up until 9pm, when the stage show will conclude.

PLEASE NOTE: There will be no activities taking place at King Power Stadium, and supporters will not have access to the grounds on Monday 16 May.

MORE INFO: Leicester City Council has information on the event and frequently asked questions at http://www.leicester.gov.uk/lcfc.

Six o'clock start for the parade, which is fair enough

Plastics will be everywhere....

Six o'clock start for the parade, which is fair enough

Plastics will be everywhere....

well it's best not to drink out of glass in the street

Someone just told me its postponed for h&s or some shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696