Villa in for duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

artic fox

Skysports.com understands Aston Villa are lining up a double raid on Leicester for Joe Mattock and Richard Stearman.

Villa are hoping to capitalise on Leicester's relegation from the Championship by luring the highly-rated duo away from the Walkers Stadium.

Mattock and Stearman were two of Leicester's shining lights in a disappointing campaign and a number of clubs flocked to the Walkers Stadium to watch the pair throughout the season.

The defensive duo are regarded as two of the most promising players in England and tipped for big futures in the game.

17-year-old Mattock was the subject of a failed bid from West Ham during the January transfer window and he is the second youngster ever player to represent England Under 21s.

Right-back Stearman is also a member of the England Under 21 set-up and he won Leicester's player of the year award this term.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill has been tabs on the pair all season and he sees Stearman as an ideal replacement for Juventus-bound Olof Mellberg.

A number of other Premier Legaue clubs are also monitoring the pair with Tottenham and Sunderland ready to enter the race for the duo.

Leicester know they face a fight to keep hold of the prized duo as a result of their relegation and they could be forced to sell to the highest bidders

On Bentleys Roof they say Mattock is off to Wigan.....

I'd take 3 million for them both.

The two players I'd least like to see go. Feels inevitable that they will be the first to leave.

The two players I'd least like to see go. Feels inevitable that they will be the first to leave.

Agree, you can gaurentee that they are in the minority of the squad who have genuine feelings for the club, this is the reality of the situation we now find ourselves in that we will lose two very talented and committed home grown younger players.

Not if MM backs the club to go straight back up.

Certainly no need to sell them yet. See who else we can sell, there will always be a market for these two later.

. Feels inevitable that they will be the first to leave.

Yes.

Both have decent futures although its taken some people quite a time to realise that Stearman has potential.

Sad to say I think it's in both their interests to move on at this point.

We have a set of defenders who will attract other clubs - not much to worry about in the cases of the rest tho'.

Why? We were offered over £3m for Mattock alone in January.

What makes you think that? We would have snapped their hands off at £3m - if I remember correctly it was revealed as a 7 figure sum, bet it was just a million.

What makes you think that? We would have snapped their hands off at £3m - if I remember correctly it was revealed as a 7 figure sum, bet it was just a million.

The person who rejected the offer confirmed it had been made at a meeting with supporters, it's upto you if want to think they were not telling the truth. :icon_wink

Think it is a certainty the pair of them will go myself,stonewaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570