Villa in for duo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point wasn't how much I think they are worth,what I meant was whatever they were valued at before when we were in the Championship should be what they are valued at now,we don't need to sell them they want to go.
I know where you're coming from and I'd like that to be the case, but what with relegation and if the players have allegedly stated they want to leave, then I would imagine that the club would listen to reduced offers, hopefully not if they were vastly reduced though.

understand what youre saying but if its true that they both want to leave whats the point in keeping players who want to be out :102: and wouldnt it make better financial sense in selling stearman whose contract is up at the end of next season :102:

I'm not saying that and I'm not saying they shouldn't be sold but why should their price be any different now than it was 6 months ago.I agree theres no point but the clubs valuation should be met and I fail to see why that valuation should have gone down because we are relegated

If there is more than one club interested, as SSN claims, we should still get a decent price.

My point wasn't how much I think they are worth,what I meant was whatever they were valued at before when we were in the Championship should be what they are valued at now,we don't need to sell them they want to go.

Do you really think so?

My take is that the value of football players is largely determined by the respective financial strengths and resolve of the buying and selling clubs.

I don't think that people have yet taken fully on board the financial damage of relegation - and until and if the club spells that out - I don't suppose they will do - but it's bound to me very damaging.

Do you really think so?

My take is that the value of football players is largely determined by the respective financial strengths and resolve of the buying and selling clubs.

I don't think that people have yet taken fully on board the financial damage of relegation - and until and if the club spells that out - I don't suppose they will do - but it's bound to me very damaging.

Alrdidge came out and said the other day that while there are financial repercussions, they are not that severe because all the players take wage drops anyway.

Maybe there was a hidden message in that, saying we're not desperate for money, and therefore won't let people go on the cheap?

I'd be disappointed to see them leave for any sum of money (within reason of course), but I wouldn't like to see us take any less than at least £3m combined. Stearman is admittedly slightly different as if he does decide he wants to go, his contract is up next season so we won't have much of a choice. Mattock however is under contract for another 2 years, by which time he's likely to be worth far more... I wouldn't want to see him go cheap now, when we don't need to sell.

Nice to see fans hero Martin O'Neill having sympathy with our plight by picking off our better players. As long as those who still love him can now see him for what a vulture he really is, and seeing quite openly that he thinks nothing of Leicester City.

Nice to see fans hero Martin O'Neill having sympathy with our plight by picking off our better players. As long as those who still love him can now see him for what a vulture he really is, and seeing quite openly that he thinks nothing of Leicester City.

I don't think anyone would expect him to not sign players just because they play for us.
If Villa don't sign them someone else will.

Thats alright then. Shows how much he really cares about LCFC though doesn't it derek. Leave us alone scum O'Neill.

Perhaps he loves us so much he's willing to give us more money than they are worth.

Perhaps MON is a football manager and trying to do the best for his club, as a good manager should always do?

Head out of clouds crew please.

Perhaps MON is a football manager and trying to do the best for his club, as a good manager should always do?

Head out of clouds crew please.

Exactly Alex.
Incidentally I saw Stephen Hughes playng the other night on Setanta,didn't have a great game and played very deep,probably because Motherwell were under the cosh a lot

Last edited:
I always rated him actually! In the end I think he made me look a bit silly for my faith in him mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669