Waghorn over Fryatt any day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish. I think labelling Fryatt as lazy is complete dogs balls. The guy works his socks off every game.

Is this the correct use of the term "dogs balls"? (or bollox).

I always thought to be the dogs danglies/bollox/balls was to be top notch, best going, etc.

Which means TommyK thinks MF is lazy!:102:

(Anyone know where the saying comes from?)

I always thought to be the dogs danglies/bollox/balls was to be top notch, best going, etc.

Which means TommyK thinks MF is lazy!:102:

(Anyone know where the saying comes from?)

We had to watch a video on that in A-Level English Langage apparently they weren't sure but one guy claims to have just come up with it one day.

I think it's a continuation of animal's parts being used to mean something is the best of its field "the bee's knees" "the cat's whiskers" etc. no idea why these came about though.

We had to watch a video on that in A-Level English Langage apparently they weren't sure but one guy claims to have just come up with it one day.

I think it's a continuation of animal's parts being used to mean something is the best of its field "the bee's knees" "the cat's whiskers" etc. no idea why these came about though.

I believe cats Whiskers refers to part of a crystal radio which used very thin metal. I don't know about bees knees but I believe the American phrase that sums up someone who generalises about a nation of 200 million people and an entire sex is "a horses ass".

It is correct.
He's comparing the suggestion directly to the bollocks of a non-specific dog, without the definite article.

Am I the only one in thinking that lestatillidie has a certain air of the devil's advocate about him/her. Seems happiest when winding people up and has trouble coming to terms with other people's opinions.

I wonder if, in real life, he spends his time breeding fish and travelling to Japan.

:icon_lol:

I thought that I had invented the phase 'can't be arsed' when i was younger.
:icon_redf

I thought I'd invented the "Doctor who?" knock knock joke aswell :icon_redf

I would like to reiterate the aforementioned comments within this thread. After going four games without a goal, surely this is the time to give Waghorn a start and bench Fryatt.

I would like to reiterate the aforementioned comments within this thread. After going four games without a goal, surely this is the time to give Waghorn a start and bench Fryatt.
Yes ok maybe Waghorn should start over Fryatt tomorrow, now will you please stop roaring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669