Waghorn.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Miles Away. Fact.

I'd be blushing...but I think we all know this post is the direct result of the euphoria induced from the excessive use of hallucinogens.

Couple that with the promise of a club takeover and you're basically anybodys.

Now....if I only had 50 marbles.

Also. Tits.

Last edited:
Waghorn scored 2 in a pre-season friendly last night, but was then strechered off after landing badly. Should be ok though.

Scored two for Sunderland's ressies last night before picking up a knee injury.

If he wants to go to the mighty Hull, let him go! It's his career he's destroying!!!

Let him go Hull if he wants to go there.

There are other strikers around who will score just as many as Waghorn, he is a good player but is very overrated for Leicester.

I didn't realise we were in a such a lofty position that we can so easily dismiss a player who contributed a fair amount last season....yes we have loads of strikers to pick from without looking back on those we had last season.

Sometimes you post a load of shit.

I'm with Harbs on this one (Jebus save me), I don't think there is much difference between him and Fryatt. He would be a nice to have maybe but not at all a problem if he goes elsewhere.

Best player ever to wear the shirt....gutted! Lestoh legend

Waggys in the past now. We should all start looking forward to watching the mighty DJ now!

Last edited:
I am at risk of being slagged off here , but City fans have always had a problem distinguishing between a class player and a guy who runs his legs off for the cause which Waggy always did. In the great scheme of things he worked his socks off but a legend?

I got the impression that James Vaughn was far more capable of scoring than Waggy.

It was nice to have him here last season and would be nice to see how he plays with a passing minded manager like Sousa, but will it be the end of the world if he goes to Hull?
I don't think so

I am at risk of being slagged off here , but City fans have always had a problem distinguishing between a class player and a guy who runs his legs off for the cause which Waggy always did. In the great scheme of things he worked his socks off but a legend?

I got the impression that James Vaughn was far more capable of scoring than Waggy.

It was nice to have him here last season and would be nice to see how he plays with a passing minded manager like Sousa, but will it be the end of the world if he goes to Hull?
I don't think so

Recently in these parts the word 'legend' has been overused to take the piss out of Harbs who, for some reason, used it to describe Joey Barton.

Not sure where you got the idea Vaughan was more capable of scoring though, he was just a DJ clone: fast and always waited until it was far too late before he shot.

I think we should forget about the players Nige brought in the last couple of years and get behind Paulo's Portuguese revolution!

Waggy was barely in the side until Fryatt got injured.

I doubt his loan would have been extended in Jan if this didn't happen, either.

I don't think so

Agreed except I didn't think there was a lot of difference between Vaughan and Waghorn. Vaughan had geniune pace which is a handy asset in a league full of donkeys.

Martyn Waghorn was the reason i got up in the morning last season.
It was him who inspired me to use my left foot more.
He was the inspiration behind me making more of a defensive effort, as an attacking midfielder.
I want him back.
I miss him.
I love him.

I would have thought that Bruce might consider Hull the ideal home for Waghorn: he will have the manager who was able to get so much out of him last season, but different players with whom to get used to playing. More experience and less chance of him settling in an area.

Martyn Waghorn was the reason i got up in the morning last season.
It was him who inspired me to use my left foot more.
He was the inspiration behind me making more of a defensive effort, as an attacking midfielder.
I want him back.
I miss him.
I love him.

:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Sad to hear he got injured, get well soon Wag.

It is the old problem of "legend" being used for someone who is "very good" or in Joey Barton's case "not very good". To be a legend you have to be part of "folk memory". This is why people often talk of "myths and legends". You can even be a legend for being very bad - Spider Kalac has passed into legend. People are proud to have witnessed perhaps the worst display of goalkeeping in 120 years of Leicester history.

I believe Wayne Rooney is a better striker than Mark Hughes ever was. But Mark Hughes is a legend whereas Rooney is not. One day Rooney will IMO rank with the really great Man U legends - Edwards, Best, Charlton, Cantona - but not while he is still playing.

To repeat what I said in a post some time ago - I hope in 20 years time to be still able to go to the Walkers when the Birch (still without a trace of grey) brings on those Leicester legends Morrison and Hobbs from Sousas's legendary Premiership side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669