Walker to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you told your mrs you were stuck in ft william for hours because the roads were flooded cool ive never actually used that one and ive used some in my time :wink:

I say good riddance. Although I like Walker-it'll free up the wage bill and the treatment table. :roll:

He's getting on to. Perhaps we'll sign a keeper from Hearts in the Summer anyway! :D

DurhamFox said:
I said some time ago on here that Walker would miraculously recover once the 'window' opened. Bye Bye Ian, dont come back!

Isn't Spurs the perfect move for him.

- Still have the house down south

- Doesn't appear to have his fitness to appear for many games

- Can get a Premiership wage

- No shame in being understudy to current England keeper

KTFaith said:
DurhamFox said:
I said some time ago on here that Walker would miraculously recover once the 'window' opened. Bye Bye Ian, dont come back!

Isn't Spurs the perfect move for him.

- Still have the house down south

- Doesn't appear to have his fitness to appear for many games

- Can get a Premiership wage

Fair enough - if he can get the job as cover at Spurs -good luck to him - he's certainly been in no hurry to play this season and if he is the best keeper in the division I'm glad we haven't got the worst.

I've still got a headache from trying to puzzle out why anyone would want to pay any money for Scowcroft.

highland fox said:
....and y'know that Tooth Fairy? complete Bollox
i wish :shock:
£2 a fecking tooth these days :shock:

KTFaith said:

Theres Really nothing like sitting on the bench while Pieman takes your place in the team

Quote from Teamtalk:

Manager Craig Levein said: "Ian had a period of rest but we've now pushed him back into training. We want to get him back into the team as soon as we can."

Period of "rest" ?

Funny that - I thought he was supposed to be injured.......

I read somewhere that although Walker said he was injured they had run all these tests etc. and they couldn't find anything wrong with him.When he told them what the problem was initially they treated it but it didn't respond and there was no op that would solve it mainly because nobody knew what it was!! All sounds very 'iffy'

Goalkeeper Ian Walker, meanwhile, appears to be winning his race for fitness in time for Tuesday's trip to Blackpool.

Walker played 70 minutes in the reserves on Tuesday in his first game since the end of August after knee trouble.

"His knee was bit sore in the morning due to all the kicking, but he did some work in the gym yesterday and he is fine and we're hoping to have him ready for the Cup game," confirmed Levein.

Walker was yesterday linked with a move back to Tottenham, while James Scowcroft is repeatedly linked with Ipswich, Norwich and Crystal Palace, but Levein said he had heard nothing from any of those clubs.

link

i think walker will only leave city for 1st team football in the premiership - he is 33 after all. i dont think a couple of years being a sub at spurs would appeal, specially since i would imagine it would be quite a comedown since he used to be the number 1 there.

Country Fox said:
i think walker will only leave city for 1st team football in the premiership - he is 33 after all. i dont think a couple of years being a sub at spurs would appeal, specially since i would imagine it would be quite a comedown since he used to be the number 1 there.
he's never been the spurs number 1 has he?

yeh he was, unless my memories completely gone in the mid/late 90s he was top of the spurs pecking order for quite a long time, was rated one of the best young english keepers, got a couple of caps etc

it may just be my lacvk of knowledge i just thought he was their number 2 for most of his spurs career

nah he was definitely their 1st choice for a long time - a few seasons at least, was rated as one of the leading english keepers in the country. and like i said it would be a big comedown to go back to a club where you where the ever present hotshot keeper to go sit on the bench understudy to the guy whose where u were 10 years ago.

by the way i think we should only let walker go if we can secure taylor till the end of the season at least, i think its likely walker would be off in the summer anyway so im happy to get some cash and lose the wages if we can guarantee a decent deputy for the next 6 months and then we can look at our options

Well Levein doesn't seem to think he's going...

Walker Could Make Cup Return

Craig Levein is lining up Ian Walker for his first start in over four months when the Foxes take on Blackpool in the FA Cup third round replay next Tuesday.

The England goalkeeper has been out of action since the Brighton & Hove Albion clash last August with a troublesome knee injury, but was out on the training field again last week and made an appearance for the reserves against Coventry City.

And now Levein says he is considering playing Walker in the cup clash at Bloomfield Road.

He said: "Ian could be an option for us when we play Blackpool in the FA Cup as Arsenal don't want Stuart Taylor cup-tied. So we will try and get him fit enough to be involved in the replay.

"I spoke to Ian after the reserve game and he said that he was glad to be back, although his knee was a little bit sore as you can imagine. But I am confident at this moment that he will be available for the Blackpool game."

Levein also added that he was not aware of the speculation that had linked Walker with a move back to his former club Spurs.

He added: "I don't know anything about the link between Ian Walker and Tottenham. He has just played 70 minutes in a reserve match and at the moment he is just concentrating on getting back for Leicester and not anything else."

link

A spures fan told me, Walker was number one at spurs for some time and a very good keeper, then a family member died (his mother I think) it had a bad effect on him, he went to pieces and never played the same again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669