Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy, they knew he might need an op only a couple of weeks after being injured. Why the hell did he not get sorted then, he would not be far from coming back now. :?

Naughty Fox said:
Crazy, they knew he might need an op only a couple of weeks after being injured. Why the hell did he not get sorted then, he would not be far from coming back now. :?

So are you saying every time someone has an injury that
might need an operation, we should go ahead with the operation anyway, even if it means being out of action four times as long?

If we did that we'd need a much bigger squad, and players would spend half their lives recovering from operations!

If you had an injury and were told it could be cured by four weeks of rest (but not guaranteed that it would work), or you could have an operation followed by four months of pain and rehabilitation, which would you choose?

The pain! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just kidding, I meant the rehab)

FOXFAN said:
we need to get someone in on loan then, sharpish!

Walker is likely to leave in the summer when his contract expires, so maybe we could get someone on loan for the rest of the season, with a view to making the move permanent if he does well.

I think Richard Wright would be a great guy to go for. get some first team action and try to refind the form that got him an england call up

webmaster said:
FOXFAN said:
we need to get someone in on loan then, sharpish!

Walker is likely to leave in the summer when his contract expires, so maybe we could get someone on loan for the rest of the season, with a view to making the move permanent if he does well.

Is this likely as we would not offer him the same wages? Do you think many other clubs would?

FOX MENTAL said:
I think Richard Wright would be a great guy to go for. get some first team action and try to refind the form that got him an england call up
i think his wage demands would rule him out

FOX MENTAL said:

I don't think any club would let their number 2 keeper out on loan... so i doubt we will be able to get him

how about pieman with logan as 2nd choice?
save money and see who's in the marketplace in the summer when we know what standard of keeper we'll need for the following season.

This is all rubbish according to Birch on Forest FM. Walker back in a couple of weeks...apparently Birch, Levein and Walker (all the other players having the usual day off) were sitting in the canteen when it came up on SSN and they all laughed at it.

Webmaster wrote:

I think he will only leave if we cannot afford to keep him here. He's not getting any younger and he would be lucky to get in the first team of a mid table premiership club.
I think he would love to end his career here.

according to thebluearmy.co.uk, the result of Walker's knee scan is yet to be known, so all this out for 4months business is probably a load of rubbish the star had made up... i m sure the Mercury is more reliable than other tabloids when it comes to city news...

webmaster said:
Naughty Fox said:

So are you saying every time someone has an injury that
might need an operation, we should go ahead with the operation anyway, even if it means being out of action four times as long?

If we did that we'd need a much bigger squad, and players would spend half their lives recovering from operations!

If you had an injury and were told it could be cured by four weeks of rest (but not guaranteed that it would work), or you could have an operation followed by four months of pain and rehabilitation, which would you choose?

You make that seem like a good case but unfortunately we've heard all this before about hoping a few weeks rest will put a serious knee injury right - it doesn't seem to work very often with knee problems.does it?

I guess many of us thought it would finish up like this & I have a feeling that we won't see him playing again this season -and maybe never again for this club (unless of course we are promoted and also the manager - who seems to have the first brain seen at LCFC since MON left - rates him.)

As it happens I don't think there is much difference in playing performance between him & Pressman - Walker is technically better but sometimes seems to lack concentration - but clearly an additional keeper has to be brought in.

If Walker is back in a couple of weeks though I don't think there is much need getting an extra 'keeper in at the moment.

Next season and it's all up to Levein..

A couple More names to think about:

James Walker- West Ham
Peggy Arphaxad
Niko vasean- Blues
Stefen Postma- Villa
Craig Gordon- Hearts
Steve Harper- Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts