Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
MKFox said:
how about pieman with logan as 2nd choice?
save money and see who's in the marketplace in the summer when we know what standard of keeper we'll need for the following season.

well said MK... I know everyone will bring up Preston and Crewe but I think if we're all honest, Pressman has done very very well for us this season, certainly better than I anticpated he would do... I've also just seen him interviewed on LCFC World and he seems like a really decent, intelligent bloke... I think he'll do more than OK for us.

As for Pegguy Arphexad... I think FM is trying to live up to his second name.

FOX MENTAL said:
A couple More names to think about:

James Walker- West Ham
Peggy Arphaxad
Niko vasean- Blues
Stefen Postma- Villa
Craig Gordon- Hearts
Steve Harper- Newcastle

are all the No.2 at their respective clubs... i m sure teams wont let their number two out to be number two for another team...

Pressman has done very well, but we still need another keeper to act as cover but also to put Pressman under pressure for his place, you always need competition for places to keep players performing at there maximum.

Speaking of Harper, is he still on loan from Pompey or not?

Joe_Fox said:

no... he was sent back when Bassett was in charge, coz "we could not guarantee him first team football".

lcfcrules said:
Joe_Fox said:

no... he was sent back when Bassett was in charge, coz "we could not guarantee him first team football".

Surely guarantees of first team football cannot be given to anyone.

Joe_Fox said:
lcfcrules said:
Joe_Fox said:

Surely guarantees of first team football cannot be given to anyone.

It was just an excuse i guess, DB played him for the Cov game, he was probably our best player on the day, until DB switched him to the other wing, he became sh*t, and then sent him back the day after...

Besides, Junior Lewis was guaranteed first team football :oops:

Harper looked good against Rotherham. Tormented their defence (mind you, who doesn't)

yes but the whole point for a player to go out on loan is to pickup some first team football. he may aswell be at pompey in prem and wait for his chance. just a thought

webmaster said:
Harper chose to go back when Bassett told him he couldn't guarantee him a place in the team. Do we really want players who quit that easily?

Can't imagine any players would be that enthused by the prospect of playing for Dave Bassett.

webmaster said:
Harper chose to go back when Bassett told him he couldn't guarantee him a place in the team. Do we really want players who quit that easily?

No webyo, no we don't, well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670