Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

Only ever heard Mk mention that he is going Walking/Hiking.Just wondered if anybody else was into Walking and where they go.Hopefully doing a days walking in North Yorkshire this Sunday,anybody know any routes etc

I fully expect some corking jokes about people walking to the shops or the Pub on this Thread

Walked the Hole of Horcum in North Yorks. Not particularly challenging but nice scenery and has a good boozer in Levisham.

Last edited:
Keep meaning to take a short holiday in England walk the length of Hadrian's wall.

The tongariro crossing in nz is absolutley superb, As was the Queen Charlotte track.

Next year ill be doing the Inca Trail and various others in Peru.

The Grand Union canal from the Walkers Stadium to Kilby Bridge is nice :icon_bigg.

Oh, and the Walkers Stadium to Wanlip too.

Next week I will attempt Kilby Bridge to Wanlip :icon_lol:

The thing is whilst you are there staring at your Ornamental Fish with the organs of your body all slowing up and breaking down...I'll be out in the great outdoors...slowing up and breaking down

I enjoy walking. Clears your head for a bit. I don't have much time for walking properly.

It is proven that walking helps combat depression..although half a hour in my company and that may well be hard to believe.It releases enmorphines or whatever they are called

It is proven that walking helps combat depression..although half a hour in my company and that may well be hard to believe.It releases enmorphines or whatever they are called

Fish can reduce your blood pressure so ner ner :icon_lol:

Fish can reduce your blood pressure so ner ner :icon_lol:

They are indeed good for you - especially the oily fish like mackerel

I assume, of course, that you are talking about eating the feckers rather than noncing around looking at them in a feckin' fishtank ?

I walk for and hour and half most days with my dog, we have 5 different routes/places to vary it a little. Its my time with my mate. I think things through and bounce ideas of him (the fact he thinks they are 'ruff' deters me not). Its my time for an occasional illicit cigar and to enjoy some fresh air. I love it, even when the weather is bad I like being outside and just walking (although heavy rain usually fecks the cigar idea).

I used to walk in the lakes and in Devon/Cornwall but I don't have the stamina or strength any more to undertake really long hikes - I wish I did have.

I walk for and hour and half most days with my dog, we have 5 different routes/places to vary it a little. Its my time with my mate. I think things through and bounce ideas of him (the fact he thinks they are 'ruff' deters me not). Its my time for an occasional illicit cigar and to enjoy some fresh air. I love it, even when the weather is bad I like being outside and just walking (although heavy rain usually fecks the cigar idea).

I used to walk in the lakes and in Devon/Cornwall but I don't have the stamina or strength any more to undertake really long hikes - I wish I did have.

Don't you mean wading, "I used to wade in the Lakes".......:icon_bigg

I'm disappointed HF, we were speaking the other weak about my challenge (which i did this weekend!).

I did the 24 Peak Challenge in the Lake District. Bluddy hard work. We were surrounded by cloud and shitty weather for most of it bu there was a 30 minute period yesterday when we were able to enjoy the views and i have to admit they were pretty fantastic. I can see how people "catch the bug" and I'm definitely hoping to do more walking in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669