Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed HF, we were speaking the other weak about my challenge (which i did this weekend!).

I did the 24 Peak Challenge in the Lake District. Bluddy hard work. We were surrounded by cloud and shitty weather for most of it bu there was a 30 minute period yesterday when we were able to enjoy the views and i have to admit they were pretty fantastic. I can see how people "catch the bug" and I'm definitely hoping to do more walking in future.

I forgot about that:icon_redf
I used to go to the Lakes and North Wales when I lived in Liverpool.Both are great places,although I preferred the Lakes because the people in Nort Wales are a bit unfriendly.When I came up here I was staggered by the vast openess of it all and parts of up here make the Lakes look like Bradgate in comparison.However when I went back to the Lakes last month I found it qiute beautiful,it maybe because we went to the less exposed places and kept away from the usual tourist spots

If you have enough spare time on your hands to walk anywhere without an end goal, other than to get home again, then you are clearly not contributing enough to society.

If you have enough spare time on your hands to walk anywhere without an end goal, other than to get home again, then you are clearly not contributing enough to society.

Maybe I should go walking more often.

Where as filling a glass tank full of water and tipping fish into it and then watching them swim round is really doing your bit for the World

Where as filling a glass tank full of water and tipping fish into it and then watching them swim round is really doing your bit for the World
Almost word for word what I was expecting :icon_lol:

Almost word for word what I was expecting :icon_lol:

Obviously what you do isn't as technical as that but you know what I mean:icon_wink
Anyway did I bother your fish thread ? Did I post silly posts in it ? No I left it alone and shown some respect I suggest you do the same with my Walking one...........You great big fish watching poof

Last edited:
Obviously what you do is as technical as that but you know what I mean:icon_wink
Anyway did I bother your fish thread ? Did I post silly posts in it ? No I left it alone and shown some respect I suggest you do the same with my Walking one...........You great big fish watching poof
I do like walking sometimes. I don't have time.

Bollocks....I bet you have a bath with your Mackeral swimming around you.You love nothing more than smelling of cod
Then in which case, I'd have a cod swimming around with me :icon_conf

When I'm not working which can be half a year, I make sure I walk my dogs along the beach / Forest for an hour every morning. It'll extend my life I'm sure. Everyday the beach and the sea are different. Puts things in perspective.

I did the 24 Peak Challenge in the Lake District. Bluddy hard work.
:038:

I've decided to walk the british coast line in stages over the forthcoming years. I'm not going to set myself a time limit as I want to enjoy it and time constraints could turn it into a chore.

:038:

I've decided to walk the british coast line in stages over the forthcoming years. I'm not going to set myself a time limit as I want to enjoy it and time constraints could turn it into a chore.

You mean you want a cherry brandy at every wine bar you pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670