Walsall (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But right at this moment, we don't have Weso, Clemence or Dickov, Porter isn't really very good, neither is DJ. Actually DJ might be injured anyway.

Say Oakley and Howard get injured tomorrow, then what happens?

I genuinely don't know who we would play in central midfield if King / Oakley got injured. My gut instinct is that (a) there's a recall clause in Weso's loan and (b) Pearson would probably play Kisnorbo central midfield (which is not a prospect I would relish).

I'm really not complaining about the squad, I just think losing a central midfielder could seriously hinder us.

I genuinely don't know who we would play in central midfield if King / Oakley got injured. My gut instinct is that (a) there's a recall clause in Weso's loan and (b) Pearson would probably play Kisnorbo central midfield (which is not a prospect I would relish).

I'm really not complaining about the squad, I just think losing a central midfielder could seriously hinder us.

I think Bruno Berner is more likely to appear as an emergency midfielder - can play with both feet and has played midfield during his career.

Can seriously see Weso coming back fairly soon with a few games under his belt, match fit and raring to go, with a point to prove to NP.

My gut instinct is that there's a recall clause in Weso's loan

There isn't. No player can be recalled from a temporary transfer in the first 31 days (except perhaps a goalkeeper under exceptional circumstances).

[tickets will be available] right up to kick off from the T/O

If I wanted to buy a ticket in the hour or so before kick-off, the ticket office is the last place I would queue. The place will be full of people getting tickets for away games and other random future fixtures. Far better to go to one of the windows at the n/e and s/w corners of the ground where they only deal with the day's game and no other.

The problem is I don't think we have viable options in reserve in any other position than defence.

We have no other centre mids whilst Clemence is dead, and even then theres only 3 in the entire squad, one of which is a teenager.

Theres Adams, Gradel and Dyer, that's it for wingers, apart from Porter (if he hasn't been loaned to Cheltenham yet)

Then up front we have Dickov injured, and no one else, DJ doesn't count.

So assuming we aren't suddenly gonna chuck in a whole team of teenagers, we actually have no squad depth.

I think NP is the first manager for a long time to actually have a first team. It is the team that started against Oldham except having Tunchev for Morrison. I think he will bring Kisnorbo on for Hobbs at some point. Powell is clearly NPs first choice but he may want to rest him with games coming quickly and give Berner a game.

If I wanted to buy a ticket in the hour or so before kick-off, the ticket office is the last place I would queue. The place will be full of people getting tickets for away games and other random future fixtures. Far better to go to one of the windows at the n/e and s/w corners of the ground where they only deal with the day's game and no other.

When i spoke to the T/O they never said they would be open :102:

Adams was bought to play either on the wing or in central midfield,and theres also Kish as back up if required.

There isn't. No player can be recalled from a temporary transfer in the first 31 days (except perhaps a goalkeeper under exceptional circumstances).

Then I'm even more surprised he let him go out on loan.

Let's just hope we stay injury / suspension free in the central midfield area, cos I'm not wild about the idea of Kish / Adams / Kis / Berner in the centre.

Then I'm even more surprised he let him go out on loan.

Let's just hope we stay injury / suspension free in the central midfield area, cos I'm not wild about the idea of Kish / Adams / Kis / Berner in the centre.

The inability to recall in the first 31 days is a rule of the game, not something we allowed to be put in place in this instance.

0,,10274%7E4241501,00.jpg

Fryatt Fired-Up For Saddlers Showdown

Posted on: Mon 20 Oct 2008

Leicester City striker Matty Fryatt says he will be going all out to put one over his former side when the Foxes take on Walsall at the Walkers Stadium on Tuesday evening (7:45pm).

Fryatt, who made his 100th appearance for the Foxes in their recent 3-2 victory over Huddersfield Town, served his football apprenticeship at the Bescott Stadium - scoring an impressive 27 goals from 49 league starts during his three-year stint in the first team before moving to City in January 2006.

The 22-year-old is currently enjoying the best spell of his career under the stewardship of Nigel Pearson - bagging an impressive nine goals for the season to date.

And despite admitting he still had a soft spot for the Saddlers, Fryatt confirmed that he would be as determined as ever to find the net against his former employers.

He said: "I want us to beat Walsall on Tuesday night and I want to score against them. They may be my former team, but if I score against them I will be celebrating. A goal is a goal.

"I have got some great memories from my time there, but everything has moved on. There is only one player still there from my time at the Bescott. Football changes - they have moved on and I have moved on.

"I feel really good about myself at the moment. The team is playing well and we are up at the top of the league. I feel confident.

"We will obviously be favourites to win on Tuesday night, but football doesn't always go to form. We have already seen this season that anyone can beat anyone in this league.

"We will be going out to win in front of our home fans. We have got a few home games coming up now and we will be looking to rack up the points."

Fryatt has forged a successful partnership in attack with Steve Howard - the duo grabbing 13 goals between them so far.

He added: "The partnership is working well. Steve does all the nasty stuff. He's been unlucky in the fact that he has had a number of goals disallowed. I was really pleased for him to get his goal on Saturday."

well done on your 100th match for us Matty :038::038::038::038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670