Walsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practically no public transport... All London buses have been stopped. I wonder if anyone notices the difference?

Well if London is at a standstill then something should be done...any other City then let the feckers walk

1143: Arsenal's FA Cup replay against Cardiff at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday has been postponed due to adverse weather conditions.

If a game at the Emirates is being called off over 24 hours before the game, I can't see a game at the Bescott standing much chance!

If that's an image from today on the Walsall site, no way will the game go ahead! More snow apparently on the way... call it off now so the fans don't waste time/money travelling over there!

The money is already spent on Advance train fares and hotel bookings - get the game on!

After beating Leeds on Saturday, Walsall will want to get this game on and will make every effort to do so - I, for one, hope they manage to do so. I don't think it's possible from that image to tell how deep the snow is or how easy it will be to get rid of it. The weather over the next 24 hours will be all-important.

It has warmed up here in East Kent and the rain that is now falling is taking all the snow away. I heard somebody on the radio saying that he had driven from Stoke to Coventry without a problem this morning - that would have taken him within a hundred yards of the Bescot Stadium.

Perhaps we will be lucky.

Worst of the weather is meant to be moving from the South and East in a North Westerly direction over the next 24 hours according to the Met Office.In my experience the weather is never as bad as they say its going to be and the forecasters overdo it a bit.

I think there might be a few Londoners disagree with you there HF.

I think there might be a few Londoners disagree with you there HF.

Why because they got their toes cold walking to work today ? Hedlines News because its London,happened in Manchester it wouldn't have been reported

Last edited:
They'd reported the worst snow in 6 years yesterday... what we actually got was the worst (or the best, depending on your view) in 18 years ;)

Last edited:
Why because they got their toes cold walking to work today ? Hedlines News because its London,happened in Manchester it wouldn't have been reported

While Homer's whispering sweet nothings in your ear tonight, perhaps he could dust those chips off your shoulders?

Why because they got their toes cold walking to work today ?
I suspect it was the fear of that happening as to why hundreds of schools in the county have been closed today. Either the bone idle teachers not wanting to scrape their cars, or horror of horrors, children actually having to walk to school. Pathetic.

When I was at school, the only reason schools closed in bad weather was because their antiquated heating systems had broken down.

The only reason given on the BBC website for all the closures is "due to bad weather".

Sorry, gone a bit OT.

While Homer's whispering sweet nothings in your ear tonight, perhaps he could dust those chips off your shoulders?

Has anyone ever told you that you are lovely when you are angry Alex ?

If it had been Liverpool it would have been hero snow, no snow like this has ever been seen before and is unlikely to ever be seen again.

children actually having to walk to school. Pathetic.

Whilst waiting for my bus I was having great fun watching at least 5 kids fall off their bikes and 8 slip over.

Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670