Walshie on radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon, what we have at the moment is a great opportunity. Yes, we are shite, yes we are rudderless, and yes we are losing and drawing more than we are winning.

I think what we should be looking for is not only a manager who can get us winning but also a manager who wants to play good attractive winning football.

I'm sure i'm not alone in not only wanting us to win, but given the choice we would all surely want LCFC to play good football?

I do, of course understand that there are times when you will need to grind out a result, but this should be the exception reather than the rule.

Bring on Tigana or someone else who who's ethos is to win, but also to win in style!!!!

Nope, the football does not have to be attractive. As long as we score more goals than them, I do not mind if it is Hume diving for penalties or one bouncing in off Cort's bum! I just want to see our team play with some passion as if they want to win. I do not want to see thirty passes that stop 20 yards from goal because no-one knows what to do next!

Apparently he's approaching clubs for permission to speak to their managers , which sort of suggests that he isn't impressed with the out of work managers he has interviewed.

It also suggests that he needs to widen the field.

For instance, if he had wanted to appoint Mike Newell (assuming Newell wanted the job) then I think it would have happened by this time.

My best guess is that he has taken on board that the Reids and Royles are not going to go down to well with the populace - in turn they realise it's not happening and withdraw from the fray. If so this is a step forward in my opinion because I was afraid Peter Reid would be appointed.

I rule out a continental manager because I just don't think it would work in the championship - so logically he has to see if he can prise someone from an English championship or lower league club who has a sense of ambition and is willing to take the risk of working for Milan.

Nope, the football does not have to be attractive. As long as we score more goals than them, I do not mind if it is Hume diving for penalties or one bouncing in off Cort's bum! I just want to see our team play with some passion as if they want to win. I do not want to see thirty passes that stop 20 yards from goal because no-one knows what to do next!

I know it doesbn't have to be attractive, but surely it is preferable?

I agree that sometimes attractive can also equal over elaborate with no end product, but that is down to managemant and player skill. MON did it (albeit mixed, and adapted styles of play depending), making a silk purse out of a (semi) sows arse. So now is our opportunity to aim high.

Granted the players we had then are far better than we have now.

Aim low and invariably you get less...

...but (please god) let's start winning a few games before we get sucked into a relegation fight and we write off yet another season.

Right, so lets forget about trying to play like Arsenal and start bouncing them in off Cort's bum!

All i want is to be entertained! I really don't mind losing so long as i've enjoyed myself.

When the highlight of your weekend down the city is a bloody helicopter you really do wonder what the hell is going on.

The players don't give a monkeys, Walshy bless him hell of a player , not management material. ok if he'd been getting all his qualifications when he left us fair enough, but no lets start a golf course or something in spain.

I don't know what the answer is please Milan get an experienced man in who will let half these idiots go to league two clubs where they belong, and get us playing interesting football where we have shots on target and don't pass the ball backwards ALL THE TIME!

The worst thing for me at the moment is that I am bored! Bored down the City, christ I never thought I'd say that.

All i want is to be entertained! I really don't mind losing so long as i've enjoyed myself.

When the highlight of your weekend down the city is a bloody helicopter you really do wonder what the hell is going on.

The players don't give a monkeys, Walshy bless him hell of a player , not management material. ok if he'd been getting all his qualifications when he left us fair enough, but no lets start a golf course or something in spain.

I don't know what the answer is please Milan get an experienced man in who will let half these idiots go to league two clubs where they belong, and get us playing interesting football where we have shots on target and don't pass the ball backwards ALL THE TIME!

The worst thing for me at the moment is that I am bored! Bored down the City, christ I never thought I'd say that.

Give me strength. :icon_roll

To be honest right now I don't care about being entertained...I just want the bloody lazy barstewards to get a winning mentality and if that means going 1-0 and then shutting up shop then so be it!

It certainly can't be any worse than what we are watching right now.

Fergie but he was a manager before all this badge gonads and so gets a dispensation.

Fergie might not have the "gold standard" UEFA badges; however when he was approx 22 he suffered a serious injury which kept him out of the game for about a season, prompting him to take the coaching badges of the day.

Can you imagine what Walshy would have done when faced with the prospect of a season off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669