Warwickshire Pro40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redditch Fox

Has anyone else noticed the composition of our bowling attack to-day?

Surely there must be scope to include more Radio Leicester commentators in the run up to the end of the season!

No Gurney or Buck but Dagnall out of retirement.

I give up.

I can see where all this is coming from - i.e. conserving thin resources for the championship game on Tuesday following the mauling at Rhos.

However, it is now very obvious that we are worse than down to the bare bones. I begin to fear now that the county management has lost the plot. There have been a succession of odd decisions this season starting with a club with probably the poorest playing resources choosing not to pick its strongest side because it wants to be hamstrung into restricting the number of Kolpaks selected. Since then selections seem to be on almost arbitrary basis.

I wonder if the management committee really believes that the right people are running the cricket side of the club.

I'm not sure that things are right at Grace Road.

The principle of bringing on young players is fine and we have one or two promising young batters - whether they are as good or better as our previous home products e.g. Darren Maddy and Darren Stevens I'm not sure.

However, I am sure that the bowling strength is poor and I don't think there is an enormous amount of potential there. Equally, I don't think it was a good idea to send such an uncompetitive team to Edgbaston to-day. It wasn't fair to the spectators and its bad for the reputation of Leicestershire. Some years ago Ray Illingworth made a speech in Leicester warning the county that it needs to be watchful about radical reforms of the first class game and how a county like us could be squeezed out. Events like today don't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566