Was Megson full-time manager here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

I always thought that he was and not just a caretaker or temp.

The reason I ask though is that Gary has been getting some CVs done today and he has decoded to omitt his period with us from his previous employment section!?

Just seems a strange thing to do unless anyone knows of a reason why he would choose to do this as I aways thought that he left for Bolton on his own and not being sacked.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he was, either way he fecked off to Bolton for more money and Premier League glory. Probably doesn't want to come across as a greedy bastard when applying for all those conference manager jobs he'll have to make do with now ;)

I can understand why he wouldn't want prospective employers to know about his spell here, but it makes no sense not to include it. Anyone interested in employing him would be able to look up his record and it would look like he's being dishonest by not mentioning his time here.

Maybe he's forgotten about it. I wish I could.

Hes a tw@t and I hope he fails with every job he has. City employed him after he was out of work for a considerable time and how did he repay us ?

Wasn't there some weird thing in that he never actually signed a contract?

Perhaps that is his excuse for excluding his time with us, technically he was never an employee?

Megson took advantage of the fact that MM never bothered contracting him to the club. Bolton would have been less likely to have got him if MM hadn't been so useless.

I never saw anything much wrong with his departure for footballing reasons though. Any player or manager that leaves us to improve themselves is okay by me. The Ginger Mourinho was a Premier League Manager for two years more than he would have been if he'd stayed put.

It's far less an act of treachery than the likes of Little and McGhee who left us for clubs in the same league.

I always thought that he was and not just a caretaker or temp.
'Temporary' and 'full-time' are not antonyms, nor are they mutually exclusive. Temporary does not mean part-time, and full-time does not mean permanent. I'm calling on everyone to stop making this basic stupid mistake. It's incredibly irritating.
Wasn't there some weird thing in that he never actually signed a contract?
Correct. Why people think he should have stayed with a Championship club with no actual contract (and therefore no job security) when a Premier League side was waving a big fat juicy one under his nose is beyond me.

Thanks for clearing that up - just was stumped when I seen it and it said Forest Jan 05 - Feb 06 and then Bolton Oct 07 - Jan 10. Seems strange to miss it out though as he didn't do baddly here (we certainly wouldn't have gone down) and I'd imagine most chairman would be fully aware of his stint here so may find the omission strange.

And BM, the sense of irony in that last sentence of yours is remarkable!! Well done though for using your imagination and coming up with something completely irrelevant - 10 internetz pointz for you.

And BM, the sense of irony in that last sentence of yours is remarkable!!

Are you being ironic? Are you calling something ironic, when, ironically, there isn't actually anything ironic about it at all? Cleverz.

Do I win any internetz pointz for spotting your clever use of langwij?

he didn't do baddly here (we certainly wouldn't have gone down)

Really?

Statistically he was our worst manager that season, getting seven points from seven games. Those seven included some of the worst performances I've ever seen by a Leicester team.

I'm not usually one to call for a manager to go, but I was glad he left when he did.

Shit, didn't realise it was as poor as that!! To be fair I never went to any of the games but my Dad has never moaned about having to go to watch Leicester but I can remember he said it wasn't pretty whilst he was here. I still don't think we would have gone down with him in charge but that isn't what the thread was about and not much point in going over that one again really but I felt the abuse he got at the time was quite unjustified.

And Macky, you can grow up too. I'm not interested in trying to put people who I have never met down just for the sake of trying to look 'cool' on a remote internet forum in front of people I have never met or have any relevance on my life. I come here for the forums intended purpose and discuss LCFC related topics and anything assoicated with it.

Macky, you can grow up too.

I doubt that there's any chance of that happening, in fairness

I'm not interested in trying to put people who I have never met down just for the sake of trying to look 'cool' on a remote internet forum in front of people I have never met or have any relevance on my life. I come here for the forums intended purpose and discuss LCFC related topics and anything assoicated with it.

Aaw y u no gimme internetz pointz? I only need 7 more to claim a free Mars bar and I'm not even assoicated with the cool peoples

Haha I must admitt that re-reading my post I do come across as a bit of a miserable bastard but the point still stands that it gets tiresome having to reading numerous post of people nit picking other's posts for the aforementioned reasons.

If I was the Ginger Mourinho, I'd mention the Norwich, WBA, Stoke and Bolton jobs, and quietly forget the LCFC, Forest and Stockport gigs.

A defensive 5-4-1 with seven right-backs is my memory of Megson.

I don't care if that is factually wrong because it suits my opinion that he fielded the worst ever teams I've ever watched. I was delighted when he skipped town.

Really?

Statistically he was our worst manager that season, getting seven points from seven games. Those seven included some of the worst performances I've ever seen by a Leicester team.

I'm not usually one to call for a manager to go, but I was glad he left when he did.

Yeah, I remember most people being quite glad when he left. Awful stuff to watch even by that season's standards.

A defensive 5-4-1 with seven right-backs is my memory of Megson.

I don't care if that is factually wrong because it suits my opinion that he fielded the worst ever teams I've ever watched. I was delighted when he skipped town.

I think that was his attacking formation. Defensively he liked to play 9-0-1.

Awful football to watch, even Bolton fans found his style unattractive.

This was the team for Megson's last game in charge:

Fulop
Kisnorbo
N'Gotty
McAuley
Sheehan
Chambers (James)
Stearman
Wesolowski
Clemence
Fryatt
Campbell

Full of attacking flair.

We had one shot on target, and lost 1-0.

This is the last paragraph of a match report:

"It was Sheffield United's first win at Leicester since March 1996 and as the home team trudged off the pitch to a chorus of 'what a load of rubbish' it must have left Foxes fans wondering why Megson is so highly thought of by the Bolton hierarchy."

Last edited:
Me too I remember it well. On the night it was announced he had gone tk Bolton we were on the way to Ross' footy training and we both cheered like we'd scored a goal. The rest of the team couldnt understand why we were so happy and would not rise to the bait with them taking the piss about losing our manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669