Watch City vs Derby on your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

For anyone who doesn't know, and can't get to a UK TV, it is possible to watch the city game (and just about any other televised game for that matter) live on your PC using P2P software. And it's (currently) completely legal! [So no need to delete this thread! ;) ]

You have to remember that it's a crappy picture in comparison to TV and you might end up with Chinese commentary, but still...

Go to http://www.livefootballonpc.co.uk/gettingstarted.htm to get a better idea. Download and install the various free programs listed.

Now go to http://www.livefootballonpc.co.uk/schedulemonfri.htm and click on a Start link for the city match.

There might be a match thread started about it here and these often have tips on getting the best connections and channels for each game:
http://forum.freefootball.org/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=8f04375f4edabff10d62ec8515c23ed9

It is being shown on: supersport 3 - sport cn - caifu/siptv - and probably several more.

The trick is finding the English commentary (if it's on Star Sports SE Asia or similar it will have the Sky feed), although I'll probably listen to the muppets on Radio Leicester. There's even a way of synching the radio commentary to the pictures apparently.

Anyway, this might help someone out - I hope it does, it's cool! :icon_cool

Last edited:
Do you believe this software to be virus/trojan horse/spyware free? :102:

I have had no problems with it whatsoever, and I run a great deal of antivirus and spyware software on my PC. Of course, I'm not making any guarantees, just reporting my personal experiences, which have been generally very favorable. :biggrin:

I like this site more: www.myp2p.eu, very simple for beginners. The whole p2p thing is just great imo, I watch a lot of matches since I don't have a lot of channels on the TV. But today's game I will watch at the pub. :)

Mac compatible?

I don't think so, sorry.

Last edited:
If anyone is trying this, I'm watching it on PPMate software on SPITV channel. Working nicely, English commentary. Shame about the result ATM...

If anyone is trying this, I'm watching it on PPMate software on SPITV channel. Working nicely, English commentary. Shame about the result ATM...

Yep me too,quality is pretty good, thanks a lot geez. I'm bed ridden so this is a bit of a god send. Had to try about 3 of the others before I got PPMate to work but at least it meant I missed the goal I guess.
Not too sure about this half-time music though :-S

Last edited:

watched second half on PPmate, tried TVants but was only getting a shit load of chinese adverts!

That should read SIPTV.

It all worked very smoothly for me today. I love t'internet! :)

Yep me too,quality is pretty good, thanks a lot geez. I'm bed ridden so this is a bit of a god send. Had to try about 3 of the others before I got PPMate to work but at least it meant I missed the goal I guess.
Not too sure about this half-time music though :-S

Sorry to hear that Lingo. :icon_conf :icon_conf ;)

Sorry to hear that Lingo. :icon_conf :icon_conf ;)

In fairness it could be self imposed & football on the laptop could actually make it even harder to get out of the pit.

myp2p is the best, and i highly recomend sopcast as the sofware

Sopcast bombs out on me sometimes but is usually good. I've had TVants working well and PPmate usually has a good connection to Star Sports SE Asia for general viewing. TVU was good for the cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566