Watch this Space (Manager Alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5) Manager signs another two right-backs on loan with a view to permanent that will languish in the reserves.

6) Leaves after 6 weeks due to irreconcilable differences with MM or unmentionable actions in the youth's dressing room or........

I'd be reasonably happy with Newell. Looked like he was going to become a top class manager before he started to shout his mouth off. Maybe he's learnt his lesson now....

I'd go with that.

I think we could do worse.

However, as you imply he's damaged himself with poor judgement about the Luton board selling off the best players when it appears that he had clauses in his contract which benefitted him from those sales. I think technically he has a defence on this one because he could argue that selling those players wasn't what he wanted, but it didn't put him in the best position for making attacks on alleged practices elsewhere.

Regarding his remarks about women officials, I thought that showed himself up for being a bit immature. I can't see any reason why women officials should be worse than anyone else who hasn't played football at a top professional level - and virtually no officials have. Even if there was any basis to his remarks about the particular official, it was poor judgement to say so.

But we all make mistakes and given our situation - perhaps it's time he had another chance.

1. The first rule of Shite Club is you don't talk about Shite Club.
  2. The second rule of Shite Club is you don't talk about Shite Club.
  3. When someone says stop, or goes limp, even if he's just faking it, the managerial reign is over.
  4. Only two guys to a fight but efforts are to redoubled each time
  5. One fight at a time (then blame fitness under the previous manager).
  6. Fight limply, without respect for the shirt.
  7. The fights go on as long as they have to (forever it would seem).
  8. If this is your first night at Shite Club, you have to fight.

shiteclub.jpg

You don't ask questions.
You don't ask questions.
No excuses.
No lies.
You have to trust Milan.

Really suprised that there are no names in the paper linked to us today.

Though we have prob heard the name that it will be already.

Really suprised that there are no names in the paper linked to us today.

Though we have prob heard the name that it will be already.

Or alternatively??

I am seriously long in the tooth. I remember the days when we regarded a short tenure for a City manager as say less than three years.

In these pre-historic times when the Leicester vacancy did occur there was usually a queue of potential candidates and a fairly obvious race for the job widely reported in the national and local media.

Strangely enough, these days this no longer seems to be the case. A short tenure now rates at anything below 2 months and speculation in the media about filling the vacancy seems virtually non-existent.

I'm really puzzled as to why things are so quiet - it isn't because the club is now a joke is it? Please someone reassure me that this is not the case.

We're not a joke, but look at it this way. Since O'Neill left just over seven years ago we've had seven different managers, we're about to appoint the eighth. It's also going to be our fourth permanent manager this calendar year, our third this season. In the last seventeen years we've had thirteen different managers, compared with six in the same amount of time before that. It's natural for the press to lose interest.

And if Mike Newell or Vialli's next, there's no concrete evidence - eg an impressive managerial record at this level - to suggest that we won't be onto number nine within the next few months.

That's why Milan needs to calm himself a little this time round!

I'd be happy with Newell,ok has a person he's an obnoxious bastard but its what he does in his job that bothers me and I'd say he's about as good as we could hope to get,a bit unexposed i.e not sure how good he could be.

Joe Royle, Peter Reid and Graeme Souness have been interviewed for the Leicester City manager's job.

According to the mercury.

Joe Royle, Peter Reid and Graeme Souness have been interviewed for the Leicester City manager's job.

how select....tbh i dont give a toss who is the manager as long as we start winning games..im bored of all this speculation :icon_roll

So I see.

On matters of fact like this I would believe the Mercury. Of course, this does not mean either that they are firm candidates nor that there are not others still to be interviewed.

If it were down to a choice between the three, I would go with Souness simply on the basis that he is probably the toughest character of the three.

So has Paul Jewell
Aint he????????

I think Paul Jewell was asked by MM to come and talk to him,I don't think Jewell actually applied for the job.My guess is MM wants us to think Jewell expressed an interest.

If Paul Jewell takes the leicester job, a man who has a vass amount of experience and a very good rep in the game, whats not to say that come 3months down the line, a better offer from a perimership manager is opened to him....we are back to square one thats why MM is looking for the oldies that no one wants.

I personally cant see him being able to just walk in to a Premiership job. We should do everything we can to get him here as we have no other options of merit in the umeployed catagory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669