Post Match Watford 2 - 1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat and watched a very intermittent performance where the manager clearly got the tactics wrong. The team were out-muscled, out-fought and then the victims of a side having the luxury of counter-attacking.

I sat and watched this team surrounded by "fans" berating the players, the tactics and clearly unhappy at the league position. They seem to expect nothing less than 5-0 wins every match and to automatically reside in the top 2 all season.

But as Millwall smacked in the third I had to laugh as I sat in the Clough stand in my blue City hat.

It's not "our" fans who are mongs, it's not "our" club which is pathetic at times - Forest supporters were pathetic today, as will have been most losing fans around the country.

Apparently, Forest always get shit refs.

Apparently, Forest never get the decisions they deserve.

Apparently, Forest were bullied off the ball too often.

I wonder where I've heard that before?

Oh, and the own goal was glorious - I was dancing as it went in. :icon_bigg

Simply a bad day at the office, but yes, we have had some atrocious officials recently but yesterday wasn't one of them.

They quickly realised where the ref would draw the line and pushed it again and again, they were simply - on the day, more street wise than us.

Unlucky with the last two goals but damage already done by then.

It is patently obviously that your post-match opinion was made pre-match, but hey ho, glad you enjoyed the show.

We weren't very good but nothing to panic about in the context of being a very respectable 4th in the league.

Pearson has said of the last two games that it was a case of not enough of our players hitting their very high standards which they provided over the last month or so. I absolutely agree, particularly with respect to our midfield. Drinkwater and King, who I think have been absolutely superb for much of the season, just didn't get control of the game, whilst Knockaert never looked like injecting any of the spark that we expect of him. Add to that both full backs having very poor games, and a lack of defensive resilience and it was always going to be a long afternoon. When subbed, Knockaert stormed off down the tunnel, which was disappointing, but was quickly retrieved by Conrad. Along with his ridiculous diving, it wasn't a great afternoon for him.

Overall, just one of those games. Move on, try to get something at Bolton, beat Forest at home and then embalk on a relatively friendly set of six fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669