Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was one of my posts from about two weeks ago. It's much easier to deal with today if you adopt this mindset :icon_bigg

Yes - but I wasn't quite prepared me for this.

I never expected that they would put in the excellent performances against Forest and Watford (1st leg).

I did expect us to fade in the second leg - due to lack of depth and options in the squad.

I never expected that we would get a perfect chance for a slightly undeserved win with a dodgy but marvellous penalty decision .

I did expect the poor guy to miss it - one of the senior players should have taken responsibility - obviously.

One year you're losing an FA cup final to a Premier League team who will be in the fourth tier next term,
then you lose a play-off final after being ahead twice,
then you lose in the play-offs again,
all the time with the threat of your team being wound up.
And then you hit the right mix and all is forgiven.

Some fans fall by the wayside when the path gets rocky.
Some take their shirts off when it's minus five.
And some feck off to watch Villa.

The sickest game of snakes and ladders ever invented.
Keep rolling the dice.

So, changing the colour of your home shirt, coincidence or what?

Yes - but I wasn't quite prepared me for this.

I never expected that they would put in the excellent performances against Forest and Watford (1st leg).

I did expect us to fade in the second leg - due to lack of depth and options in the squad.

I never expected that we would get a perfect chance for a slightly undeserved win with a dodgy but marvellous penalty decision .

I did expect the poor guy to miss it - one of the senior players should have taken responsibility - obviously.

Forest - relative high (unexpected)

Watford 1st leg - relative high (unexpected)

Watford 2nd leg - crushing disappointment (expected)

Easy :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Did anyone else totally miss the break away goal? I've still not seen it and I never ever want to.

Yes, and I even missed the rebound attempt after the penalty. It never looked like he was going to convert it and when he missed I ran out of the room in disbelief.

Totally disagree. The penalty award was utter nonsense, I'd have been livid if we'd had that given against us.

Totally disagree. Looked a definite penalty to me as soon as it happened. Also, my memory of the David Speedie penalty has no resemblance to yesterday's.

Totally disagree. Looked a definite penalty to me as soon as it happened. Also, my memory of the David Speedie penalty has no resemblance to yesterday's.

You don't need to rely on your memory of an incident which occured over 20 years ago when I've given you the link to it. I don't see a great deal of difference between the two...

In real time, I thought it was the right decision. First replay changed my mind. It's never a foul.

You don't need to rely on your memory of an incident which occured over 20 years ago when I've given you the link to it. I don't see a great deal of difference between the two...

Just watched it. I was right behind the goal at the time and exactly as I remembered it. You could say they are similar but I hadn't connected the two.

Just watched it. I was right behind the goal at the time and exactly as I remembered it. You could say they are similar but I hadn't connected the two.

Fair enough, we all see things in different ways. In fact, it would be boring if we all saw them the same...

Too true but it was a very harsh penalty imo.

Originally I jumped out of my seat but after the reply it was definitely a soft one for me and I would have been raging if that was given against us.

Spot on, Dogster

A genuine football fan can relate to, and understand, what has happened. The complete wankers simply cannot

I could live with a Watford fan giving me some stick today (which they will), but not those of any other club. Some have already wandered in to express their shock and disbelief, with no 'banter' or ridicule whatsoever, apart from some pleasant anti french racist stuff, which was nice...

And that includes a 'proper' Forest fan, and a Cov mong

Yep, had the same today. Took 7 minutes of being in the office this morning for someone to mention it... but it was sympathy. About 3/4 other people gave the same, including a Brentford fan who knew the feeling!

One Watford fan at work who stayed out of the way. I was almost tempted to walk round there to get it over and done with, but think I'd have been in tears again!

Bastards played that on the radio this morning just as my alarm went off which wasn't the nicest way to start the week.

Didn't get any better on the way to work as I got stuck behind some chump with a Hull Shitty scarf in their back window!

At the time,I wasn't in the mood to watch endless replays of our penalty but, having watched the various angles, etc. today, I cannot see why anyone complained at the decision to award it. Were the player going down to have been van Persie, it would have been a case of should the defender be dismissed. I do not think that Knockaert was pulled down, but the defender definitely pulls him back and, if that's good enough in the Prem..... :102:

Totally disagree. The penalty award was utter nonsense, I'd have been livid if we'd had that given against us.

In my mind, it was both a foul and a blatant dive. The Watford player has cut across him and tried to impede him with his arm (which had no need to be at shoulder height). Knockaert's made an absolute meal of it. Could have gone either way.

One day, in the distant future, I may be able to watch this without shaking my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570