Watford Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out that my wife is expecting our 3rd baby. I was previously agonizing over the decision as to wether or not to renew my season ticket. My wife attends every game with me and as such it will be increasingly difficult for Grandparents to cope with 3 kids every other week.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Craig Levein for making the decision for me last night.

Well done mate. You are sinking this club. I am not going to pay to come with you anymore

fairbanksh said:
I dont honestly see why we should give CL any more time.CL is negative biased in selection and tactically nieve.
He is a mistake that the board should own and do something about.
Crowds are plummeting, the football is dire.(Its amazing how we all get conned into thinking its ok and we are unlucky )its crap. A poor side in a very poor league.
We are not sowing any seeds for future dev we are going backwards. MAs record was better and that is sad.
C'mon CL do the decent thing go
Any please taker Kisnorbo and Douglas with you!

I agree he's had more than long enough. The watford manager has had less time that CL at Watford and look what he's managed to do in that time, they were almost relegated when he took over.

DurhamFox said:
3 points from relegation zone.

Look on the bright side - that's 1 better than the same time yesterday!!

bocadillo said:
Look on the bright side - that's 1 better than the same time yesterday!!

I must admit I couldn't face looking at the table last night but was pleasantly surprised when I went on the BBC website today and noticed we were still in 16th and still above Derby.

Sadly, my reaction just shows how far we have fallen!

glyn said:
I must admit I couldn't face looking at the table last night but was pleasantly surprised when I went on the BBC website today and noticed we were still in 16th and still above Derby.

Sadly, my reaction just shows how far we have fallen!

You know Glyn, you look very similar to that Harry Potter kid :081:

Ox Fox said:
someones going to get a slap from Webbo :079:

No, I've said before I don't mind people posting links to stuff on the official site - as long as it's not something that's been illegally copied (eg a video that's been uploaded to another site)..

The fact that PTV can't sort out the protection on their paid for content is their own problem, I'll just have to trust people to only click on it if they've paid for it :icon_cool

as club spokesman isnt he obliged to say tht kinda thing?

beaumontfox said:
tbh the first caller was slating Levein for subbing him,and Birchy said that.

i think Birch is the type of bloke to say the truth or not say anything.
hmmm I tend to agree with the birchy bit but as with all of us it often comes down to whos paying the wages.

Levein said in the post match that Smith asked to be subbed as well.

I've not read many posts so far so hopefully I'm not repeating anyone.

I don't really see how Levein can take the blame for this one though, I doubt he teaches the wall to be static in training, or Rab to throw the ball out into a crowded penalty area. After they scored in the first half I thought we played as well as I've seen us play all season.

I do wonder what people expected this season when I see some of the hysteria (mainly on the other forum I hasten to add) surrounding this result, Watford are 3rd and we showed that we can outplay them even when they had 11 men. I know you'll say 'why don't we do that all the time then?' and you can take it in that way, but I think the reason we don't is partly down to confidence, partly down to a new side, partly down to a young side and partly down to an ever-changing side. Only one of those things can Levein really do anything about, the rest are settled with time. Not the most attractive answer but that's what it is.

Call me naive if you like but I don't think we'll get relegated this season, we won't get promoted, we'll have the base of a good side to start with next season (whereas the last couple of close seasons we've had about 10 in 10 out, I imagine it'll just be 2 or 3 this close season) and that from my point of view is when the pressure will be on Levein.

If he survives people's impatience this season of course.

Leigh said:
Levein said in the post match that Smith asked to be subbed as well.

I've not read many posts so far so hopefully I'm not repeating anyone.

I don't really see how Levein can take the blame for this one though, I doubt he teaches the wall to be static in training, or Rab to throw the ball out into a crowded penalty area. After they scored in the first half I thought we played as well as I've seen us play all season.

I do wonder what people expected this season when I see some of the hysteria (mainly on the other forum I hasten to add) surrounding this result, Watford are 3rd and we showed that we can outplay them even when they had 11 men. I know you'll say 'why don't we do that all the time then?' and you can take it in that way, but I think the reason we don't is partly down to confidence, partly down to a new side, partly down to a young side and partly down to an ever-changing side. Only one of those things can Levein really do anything about, the rest are settled with time. Not the most attractive answer but that's what it is.

Call me naive if you like but I don't think we'll get relegated this season, we won't get promoted, we'll have the base of a good side to start with next season (whereas the last couple of close seasons we've had about 10 in 10 out, I imagine it'll just be 2 or 3 this close season) and that from my point of view is when the pressure will be on Levein.

If he survives people's impatience this season of course.

Leigh you clearly have the wrong forum. Sensible, reasoned posts have no place here!

Last edited:
I think that what annoyed people is his pathetic substitutions. Tiatto? Whats he doing on the bench? Wheres Joe Hammil - our best attacking threat in the last game he played.

Why Leave your 750k striker on the bench and try to hang on to the lead despit very little pressure on our goal!

It just seems to some like hes lost the plot - but only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669