Pre Match Watford v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that were really the case then clubs, including ours wouldn't bother expanding stadiums and building new ones. The vast majority of the money comes from TV so the TV companies have a lot of power, but that doesn't mean they don't care about the fans and the match day experience.
Just because they may profit from it, doesn’t mean they care about it. I’m pretty sure Piers Morgan doesn’t give a flying **** about his audience, he knows however, that if he keeps saying atrocious things or acting like a complete buffoon, it doesn’t matter because folk will continue to watch the square-headed **** mongrel.

Of course it’s about money.

Was anybody under the illusion that sports leagues weren’t businesses?

Yeah but it's a business that is carrying on without both it's main source of income and its main customer.

Fans are paying for the content, clubs are getting less income for more product, and fans are getting an inferior product.

Just because they may profit from it, doesn’t mean they care about it. I’m pretty sure Piers Morgan doesn’t give a flying **** about his audience, he knows however, that if he keeps saying atrocious things or acting like a complete buffoon, it doesn’t matter because folk will continue to watch the square-headed **** mongrel.
So, you're not sure whether you like him or not then?

Yeah but it's a business that is carrying on without both it's main source of income and its main customer.

Fans are paying for the content, clubs are getting less income for more product, and fans are getting an inferior product.
Like it or not TV is the main source of income and it's main customer.

But don't forget that it's fans that pay for the TV subscriptions.

Brown Nose Brown Nose I'm not really sure I understand why you're so against it. So we have to deal with 9 games of empty stadiums to finish off a season and satisfy the boards and teams within that league.

It's not as if they're going to trial it then go, hey, yeah, **** it, let's never have any fans in the stadium ever again, is it?
Those 32,500 seats still contribute (estimate on £25/ticket at 31000 and then round up) 800k per match so they're not going to get excluded in future...

Of course it’s about money.

Was anybody under the illusion that sports leagues weren’t businesses?
Exactly. Everything is about money. Clubs spend millions of pounds a week on playing and coaching staff, how could it be about anything else? Some of these clubs were already outspending their income even when their grounds were full and they were selling overpriced shirts and watery drinks and inedible food and assorted tat.

Brown Nose Brown Nose I'm not really sure I understand why you're so against it. So we have to deal with 9 games of empty stadiums to finish off a season and satisfy the boards and teams within that league.

It's not as if they're going to trial it then go, hey, yeah, **** it, let's never have any fans in the stadium ever again, is it?
Those 32,500 seats still contribute (estimate on £25/ticket at 31000 and then round up) 800k per match so they're not going to get excluded in future...

I've got loads of reasons why I'm against it and those reasons are every bit as valid as those in favour of re-starting behind closed doors.

When playing behind closed doors was first talked about in Europe, there were fans groups that came out against it. They were swept away from the conversation and ignored. It's happened here too. Everything in favour of what they're doing is being accepted as fact and everything against is being dismissed. If I make my case, people just look blankly at me. As you say, you don't understand my problem.

I don't see this as finishing off the season. The rules have changed markedly. It's too different. These last nine matches will cause some big swings that wouldn't happen without these changes. The financial argument doesn't stack up either. The argument is nonsense.

The only argument that I accept fully is the one from people who are just desperate to watch some football. Fair enough. If this is footbally enough for you, then crack on. But (as usual), I will reserve the right to bitch and moan at every opportunity.

I've got loads of reasons why I'm against it and those reasons are every bit as valid as those in favour of re-starting behind closed doors.

When playing behind closed doors was first talked about in Europe, there were fans groups that came out against it. They were swept away from the conversation and ignored. It's happened here too. Everything in favour of what they're doing is being accepted as fact and everything against is being dismissed. If I make my case, people just look blankly at me. As you say, you don't understand my problem.

I don't see this as finishing off the season. The rules have changed markedly. It's too different. These last nine matches will cause some big swings that wouldn't happen without these changes. The financial argument doesn't stack up either. The argument is nonsense.

The only argument that I accept fully is the one from people who are just desperate to watch some football. Fair enough. If this is footbally enough for you, then crack on. But (as usual), I will reserve the right to bitch and moan at every opportunity.
Hang on now, I wasn’t attacking your opinion, I was genuinely stating that I’m not entirely sure I understand it. The rules changes I entirely agree with you on. That isn’t right. I can see why they think it’s a good idea. I’m going to watch a couple of games and see if it is “footbally enough” for me. Love that saying.

Referee: Craig Pawson.
Assistants: Daniel Cook, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Gavin Ward.
VAR: Andy Madley.
Assistant VAR: Andy Garratt.
Replacement official: Sam Lewis.

Dennis Praet doubtful with a calf problem.
That's a shame. He was moo-ving around quite nicely before the league got halted. I guess we'll just have to beef the midfield up with the other players.

I spent much of Wednesday night in a frustrating search for the football; gave up and watched an excellent drama on the Salisbury poisonings instead. however, I desperately want to see this match. What channel is it on?

I spent much of Wednesday night in a frustrating search for the football; gave up and watched an excellent drama on the Salisbury poisonings instead. however, I desperately want to see this match. What channel is it on?
BT Sport 1, coverage starts and 12. I don’t believe you can watch it unless you’ve got a subscription, unlike Sky who are putting some on free channels and can be accessed temporarily with a NowTV pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566