Pre Match Watford v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Simpson is out I would rather go with three CBs and use Albrighton and Chilwell as WBs. None of the other options fill me with confidence.

I’d put Albrighton there if Dragovic isn’t capable.

Richarlison is going to murder whoever plays there to be honest.

If Simpson is out I would rather go with three CBs and use Albrighton and Chilwell as WBs. None of the other options fill me with confidence.
If he does go with that he needs to put Fuchs there with Chilwell at left back, as I have no confidence in Dragovic or Benalouane.

i would revert to 3 centre backs and a 352 formation and i believe this system will be best option once Silva is available. One adequate right back not previously mentioned is Josh Knight if CP prefers to keep current system with Simpson/Armarty unavailable. Whatever team/formation we put out , should be more than capable of at least a draw but i think a 1-2 win Vardy Gray

If you read the Watford forums they think we will thump them and some are ready to get rid of Silva. This is a real surprise to me as I thought they were a decent side with some excellent players.

If you read the Watford forums they think we will thump them and some are ready to get rid of Silva. This is a real surprise to me as I thought they were a decent side with some excellent players.

They have a good manager and some real quality. Richarlison is scary.

I think it will be 3 at the back, those being Maguire, Morgan and Fuchs with Albrighton and Chilwell out wide. I’d also play Okazaki in the front 3 as his hold up play will be needed.

All these line ups just go to show what and important player Albrighton is to the team. He gets asked to play in various positions and normally does a good job, I think he is vastly underrated.

personally I have long thought Albrighton's best role would be as an attacking RB, he'll need to work on his defensive game but he has the mental capacity and workrate to do that

Kasper

Albrighton Morgan Maguire Chilwell

NDidi Iborra

Mahrez Okazaki Gray

Vardy​
Quite why you'd replace Fuchs with Chilwell in that formation is a mystery. In a flat back four, Fuchs is so far ahead of Chilwell as a defender it's untrue. He was also excellent for the most part yesterday and that coming from me, one of his most vociferous critics this season.

If we are going to play wing backs, Chilwell is a better option.

Quite why you'd replace Fuchs with Chilwell in that formation is a mystery. In a flat back four, Fuchs is so far ahead of Chilwell as a defender it's untrue. He was also excellent for the most part yesterday and that coming from me, one of his most vociferous critics this season.

If we are going to play wing backs, Chilwell is a better option.
he really isn't, he had a decent game yesterday but he was completely torn to shreds on Tuesday and personally I'm getting pretty sick of seeing us scramble defending after losing the ball and our left back still being 20 yards upfield ambling back.

the biggest myth with Leicester fans right now is Chilwell can't defend and Fuchs is unbeatable when the truth is Chilwell is perfectly fine defensively and Fuchs has regressed massively since the title win season.

who the feck has said that Fuchs is unbeatable?

the anti Chilwell lot make out Fuchs is Maldini in his prime at the back and you are insane for playing anyone but him most of the time, the comment I made there was about that and not necessarily posts here on TB

Absolutely no one. Ever.
the anti Chilwell lot make out Fuchs is Maldini in his prime at the back and you are insane for playing anyone but him most of the time, the comment I made there was about that and not necessarily posts here on TB
Who the **** are 'anti-Chilwell'? He's not a political movement he's a footballer who some people believe is yet to develop enough to merit starting a football match in a particular position. Nobody has suggested Fuchs is like 'Maldini in his his prime' either on here or (and I am guessing I grant you) anywhere, ever. Are you broken or have you opened the Christmas Sherry a little early?

Many people, nearly all on here and many others have suggested that neither of them are ideal. Fuchs is a better defender than Chilwell and that has been evident every single time Chilwell plays at LB. He will develop and get better but at the moment he just isn't as good defensively as Fuchs even though Fuchs has his weaknesses too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570