Pre Match Watford v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
McAteer does not posses the talents for playing in the middle.

His first touch is suspect in open areas out wide never mind when you need to work in tight spaces.

Yunus in there for me, with a license to roam a bit and pick up some good space as we really don't have that often.

Problem with Yunus is he has an obligation to buy clause in his deal if he makes a certain amount of appearances, at least that is what has been widely reported.

Problem with Yunus is he has an obligation to buy clause in his deal if he makes a certain amount of appearances, at least that is what has been widely reported.

I don't really care

Why would you get a player in that you can't use.

Sorry, what, pardon?
He did well for Charlton. Joining us was a step up in level. In theory, given his impressive spell at Charlton, us signing him as a back-up keeper made sense. Perhaps he couldn’t handle the setup up in level…. What’s not to understand in what HTB said?

He did well for Charlton. Joining us was a step up in level. In theory, given his impressive spell at Charlton, us signing him as a back-up keeper made sense. Perhaps he couldn’t handle the setup up in level…. What’s not to understand in what HTB said?

Sorry, what, pardon?

Maybe in theory.

Practically though he was, and still is, just shite.

God I’ve just remembered there were people on here who only last season claimed he was a perfectly adequate goalkeeper. Christ.

God I’ve just remembered there were people on here who only last season claimed he was a perfectly adequate goalkeeper. Christ.
If my memory serves me correctly I can’t recall that. I do recall people saying give him a chance as he hadn’t played at all.

Then people saw him play and there was no need for further comment!

If my memory serves me correctly I can’t recall that. I do recall people saying give him a chance as he hadn’t played at all.

Then people saw him play and there was no need for further comment!
I was one of those people, and that's about right. Ward did well at the Euros and Kasper wasn't quite as great as some people seem to remember, since the finances were clearly constrained it made sense. Until he played.

Watford have lost 10 of their last 15 league matches against Leicester City (W3 D2), including each of the last three in a row.

Leicester’s last league visit to Watford was in a 5-1 Premier League win in May 2022 – the Foxes last won consecutive games at Vicarage Road in March 2016.

Having only lost two of their opening 11 home league games this season (W5 D4), Watford have since lost three of their last four at Vicarage Road in the Championship (D1).

Since the Championship began in 2004, only Reading in 2005-06 (73) have ever had more points from their opening 30 games of a season in the competition than Leicester City this term (72).

Leicester’s Patson Daka has scored six goals in just eight league starts this season, boasting the best minutes-per-goal rate of any player to score more than five times in the Championship this term, averaging one goal every 100 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566