Wayne Brown rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanging on by his fingertips.....

They had the PFA chief Exec bloke on Talksport earlier talking about this.

Said he had spoken to Chris Powell who told him no punches were thrown but whatever else Powell had to say about what happened was being kept confidential because of the internal enquiry- well he used bigger words than that but that's pretty much it!

They are taking it seriously though, said they were preparing a statement for the website but when I looked earlier there wasn't nowt on there.

He has to go. Our club are being linked to the BNP and racism in general through the type of sensationalist nonsense TalkSport delivers.

I know, I wasn't disputing that, I was responding to the assumption the boss-eyed little shit could be sacked just like that if he had been criminally charged.

Not sacked just for being charged. But if his contract allowed him to carry on after conviction and with a jail sentence, then his agent deserves a medal.

Not sacked just for being charged. But if his contract allowed him to carry on after conviction and with a jail sentence, then his agent deserves a medal.
Just out of interest, would you get the sack if you went to jail?

It might fall under "gross misconduct", but sacking someone involves a load of procedural stuff that, if it isn't followed, means you have been unfairly dismissed. Whatever the reason. Bosses, of any level, have to go through proper disciplinary and dismissal processes.

To be clear my comments below are not defending Wayne Brown who I think behaved stupidly and I would guess made some unpleasant remarks although we are not told what these were. Furthermore I do not want him to be in a Leicester shirt again and would feel annoyed if I was a parent whose child had a picture of him on the bedroom wall.

Nevertheless for him to disclose that he voted BNP cannot be a sacking offence as long as they are a legal political party. It is quite likely that other players disclosed the way they voted.

It is quite likely that the other players wanted to know why he did so and then reacted when he gave the explanation they had demanded. I would guess that in the heat of the moment players will have made strong and offensive comments to him. These comments will no doubt contrast badly with any apology Wayne Brown will have made.

The club will rightly emphasize their work on Foxes Against Racism. How effective this will be may depend upon Brown's exact words. His advisers will no doubt strongly point out that these words were said in private conversation and were not intended to be made public.

How the club must be enjoying this diversion just as Nigel, Lee Hoos and Milan were looking forward to a nice time in Skeggy with their buckets and spades.

...for him to disclose that he voted BNP cannot be a sacking offence as long as they are a legal political party.

Nobody, apart from ignorant internet commenters, has ever suggested that the club have even considered sacking him for voting BNP.
I'm baffled as to why people keep banging on about it, it's nonsensical.

Stitched up by all the others players was he? Considering I know three other people who were told pretty much the same as me by different players/club staff then they all agreed to badmouth Brown to the coaching staff in some sort of conspiracy to get him chucked out.

Apart from that, I really DON'T think the other players would do something so serious that would jeopardise our play-off chances before we had even kicked off the first leg.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines that he probably did say he voted BNP, or something like that, but said so in a provocative way and that it has been taken out of context. Just a thought

P.F.A. getting involved with this now

The player’s future is now shrouded in doubt and when asked whether it would be hard for Brown to stay at Leicester, or even find a new club, Bobby Barnes said: “I would like to think so. We have a zero tolerance policy on issues like this.

“Football has worked hard over the years to really be a beacon in the fight against racism and it is very discouraging to hear these comments when you think of the tireless work so many people, and so many organisations, have put in to get to where we are today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566