Wayne Brown - Weak link

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestatillidie

I don't understand how Brown walks straight back into the team. Morrison has been showing that he has huge potential, with him and Hobbs at the back it looks ok. Tunchev has obviously been a big miss.

Brown is a definite weak link; no pace, poor decision making, poor tackling, his legs have nothing left in them, he has been embarrassed at times.

All he will do this season is cost us points, he's just not good enough.

Bown is steady enough (ok lacking in pace) but he did ok yesterday, Neilson is definately the defensive weak link, a lack of pace at full back is often exposed, and he is indecisive, not to mention bad going forward, we need Gilbert back ( yes i would play Morrison/Hobbs until Tunch is fit) and Berner when he is fit.

After yesterday's game Brown Mcgivern and Nelison are all freaking Shit, everytime the ball came in to the box i thought Ipswich would score, they got caught out so many times.

Biggest weak Link is that we are missing a player that can create something, we need to bring a real creative midfielder into the team,

I cannot see how we are 4th and i can see how we got raped by Forest and Bristol city, if that was any other team it could have been much worst yesterday

Pearson is a defensive master (Or so I thought) Yet it seems our defence is full of not upto ther task rejects.

I would rather have Berner with a broken leg on the pitch than that useless paroxide twat.

Over the first half of the season our defence has been strong and until the F*rest game no-one could take our defence apart.

Has anybody thought that the reason brown gets caught out a lot is because he spends most the time covering for that bag if shit mclovin he us a far better defender when berner is playing!

Brown comes across as a class defender when we play against teams that lump it forward at every attack. Unfortunately Ipswich didnt, they worked their way in each time and Brown just cannot handle it.

I feel sorry for Neilson, he clearly doesnt have the attributes to play as a supporting rightback. He has a good tackle on him but thats about it. I have given him chances and there are a few exceptions where he has had a good game, but i refuse to accept why we should continue to play someone who makes you hold your breath whenever he has the ball at his feet. If i can predict what hes going to do then im pretty sure a proffesional bloody footballer can (i.e the oppsosition).

I think having Neilson in the team causes problems all over the pitch. If he wasn't there, i don't think we would be seeing Oakley on the wing every week. I might be in the minority, but i think McGivern has been ok. Berner is lots better though.

The most annoying thing about Brown is his poor distribution. Come to think of it, the whole defence seems happy to just lump it forward all the time. But is this their fault, or the midfield, for not taking it off of them? The Ipswich Midfield were very good at closing down and barely gave king/wellens any space.

Drop Oakley/Wellens and get a right winger on the pitch, please Nige.

And stop HOOFING!!!

Brown comes across as a class defender when we play against teams that lump it forward at every attack. Unfortunately Ipswich didnt, they worked their way in each time and Brown just cannot handle it.

I feel sorry for Neilson, he clearly doesnt have the attributes to play as a supporting rightback. He has a good tackle on him but thats about it. I have given him chances and there are a few exceptions where he has had a good game, but i refuse to accept why we should continue to play someone who makes you hold your breath whenever he has the ball at his feet. If i can predict what hes going to do then im pretty sure a proffesional bloody footballer can (i.e the oppsosition).

Decent point Kingy - you know what you're getting with Brown. He will organise and he will win just about everything in the air. But he'll also get exposed when he doesn't have pace and quality defenders around him. The combination of the back four yesterday doesn't work, but I think Nielson is the weak link - Hobbs and Brown have performed very well together at times this season, particularly when they have Berner and Morrison alongside them. IMO that's clearly our best back 4 until Tunch is back or we bring someone (Gilbert) in.

brown has never and will never be a footballing centre half but the problem yesterday was that morrison and brown didn't work together as they haven't played with each other before

Nielson is useless but has a good long throw mcgivern is useless without anything good

Nielson is useless but has a good long throw

How many chances have actually been created from his long throws this season?

Can't make out if his throwing isn't that good or if we haven't done enough practice on the training ground to take advantage of the distance he gets

I honestly do not think Neilson is as bad as some make out, since the Watford game he has got a lot better. Yesterday he wasn't the main problem at all. In fact, I was more cross with Oakley who couldn't deliver a ball to save his bumhole.

I think having Neilson in the team causes problems all over the pitch. If he wasn't there, i don't think we would be seeing Oakley on the wing every week. I might be in the minority, but i think McGivern has been ok. Berner is lots better though.

The most annoying thing about Brown is his poor distribution. Come to think of it, the whole defence seems happy to just lump it forward all the time. But is this their fault, or the midfield, for not taking it off of them? The Ipswich Midfield were very good at closing down and barely gave king/wellens any space.

Drop Oakley/Wellens and get a right winger on the pitch, please Nige.

And stop HOOFING!!!

Didn't Oakley come out earlier in the season and say that his preferred position is right wing and he sees himself more as a right winger then a central midfielder?

I honestly do not think Neilson is as bad as some make out, since the Watford game he has got a lot better. Yesterday he wasn't the main problem at all. In fact, I was more cross with Oakley who couldn't deliver a ball to save his bumhole.

Theres not much wrong with his tackling but apart from that i cant see where your coming from?

Several times yesterday he received the ball and smashed it up the right wing. When he receives the ball in an attacking posistion he doesnt know what to do with it and hasnt put in a decent cross all season. He was at fault for their opening goal as well, completely done by the flight of the ball and then his man.

If this man has been Hearts captain for the last X amount of years then it just shows the quality of the SPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669