Wayne Brown - Weak link

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is a pile of wank, I think there's only probably three, possibly four occasions we have performed.

The annoying thing is that if we had kept our heads on it on a couple of other occasions. We'd be up there with Forest.

God, i forgot about him. We really do miss him dont we, what an absolute class player.

Hope the Tunch recovers recovers to be the player he was, but i fear another bad knock on the knee could ruin him, It`s a year now since he was playing regularly.

As for the appaling Nielson, his famed long throws are inneffectual, as is most of his game..we have another duffer on our hands for the next 2 and a half years

The league is a pile of wank, I think there's only probably three, possibly four occasions we have performed.

The annoying thing is that if we had kept our heads on it on a couple of other occasions. We'd be up there with Forest.

There is something odd about the Championship in that a large part of it seems to be about stopping other teams playing their game, and a substantial number of managers are good enough and have the resources to be able to plan and do that. Very different from last season, where teams mostly met with their own tactics and styles and fought it out. And mostly lost to us.

Still better than the stupidity that is the Premiership, though.

To call him the weak link in my opinion is a bit harsh, at the start of the season bad games were rare for Brown however I admit he hasn't be good of late and I'm not sure why Hobbs was dropped as soon as he got back. I just think Brown gets caught out with pace to easily and this is what has been catching him out recently however I wouldn't call him a weak link as other players have been just as bad.

Pearson is a defensive master (Or so I thought) Yet it seems our defence is full of not upto ther task rejects.

I would rather have Berner with a broken leg on the pitch than that useless paroxide twat.

Playing Berner with a broken leg might cause criticism; no doubt there would be a letter of complaint from Berner's mum.
However, NP would be quite entitled to pick a player with a broken leg according to the Shankly doctrine.
Tommy Smith once complained that he had injured his leg. The great Bill Shankly replied "That's not your leg son. That's Liverpool's leg."

Brown, like pretty much the rest of the team had a poor game on Sunday. The defence is suffering from lack of match time as a unit, Hobbs and Berner didn't start from the usual line up and that will have an impact. Brown has done ok overall, he is a no nonsense centre half who has limitations with his distribution and at times lack of pace, but on the whole has contributed to what has been a successful season so far.

IMO Brown has played many more games than Pearson would have envisaged in the close season, the injury setback to Tunchev has massively reduced NP's options and he obviously wants the less experienced Hobbs and Morrison to benefit from playing alongside a more seasoned defensive partner. That has meant Brown playing in the majority of matches this season and I think it is taking its toll. If Tunch is out for the rest of the season then IMO we need to bring in another centre half to provide much needed competition and added experience to take the burden off Brown, otherwise maybe now is the time to give Hobbs and Morrison an extended run as first choice, but their lack of experience would be a risk.

Neilson and McGivern IMO are adequate as back up full backs, we need a right back who can come in as first choice, at present we lack options in this position, it is Neilson or a centre half and that is not enough at this level.

Brown is indeed a weak link
So is Weale, who looks a bit shaky at times
So is Neilsen, who is just hopeless
So is McGivern, who is less than hopeless
So is Oakley when played on the right
So is King who goes missing every now and then
So is Wellens, who every so often has a shocker
So is Dyer who is just not consistent enough
So is Fryatt, who misses too many chances and can't head the ball
So is Howard who is getting past his best and makes us plays long ball football
So is Pearson, who can't decide on his best team and sometimes gets his tactics and substitutions all wrong

In fact they're all weak and suspect - which is precisely why we are fifth in the league with a game in hand and might actually have a chance of back to back promotions

Get rid of the lot of 'em and start again - it's the only answer

So is Pearson, who can't decide on his best team and sometimes gets his tactics and substitutions all wrong

In fact they're all weak and suspect - which is precisely why we are fifth in the league with a game in hand and might actually have a chance of back to back promotions

:081:

:038:

I think Morrison by himself would struggle somewhat:icon_bigg OR has he got some bad qualities as well

I totally agree, my point is merely that when we play hoofball we are shite, and when we play players out of position and play, yes, again hoofball we are even more shite.

Play players in the position they are meant to play, do not try and fit square pegs in round holes, it surely can't be that difficult to put together a team can it?

Play players in the position they are meant to play, do not try and fit square pegs in round holes, it surely can't be that difficult to put together a team can it?

Brown's a centre half, who plays at centre half
Weale's a goalie who, bizarrely, always plays in goal
Neilsen's a right back, who plays at right back
McGivern is a left back, who plays at left back
King and Wellens are central midfielders, who play in the centre of midfield
Howard, Fryatt, Dyer etc etc etc

So apart from Oakley, who on earth are you taking about ?

Everytime I have seen leics play this season the following rings true.

Mcgivern jogs and doesnt sprint, unable to get to ball in time to stop it going out of play or his opposite player beats him against the odds.
We dont close the ball down until its in our own box, seems odd when our manager was a defender.
We very weak against set pieces.
Fryatt is our only striker who looks like scoring. Even tho howard scored in the last game he doesnt breed me with confidence.
Dyer and Fryatt are the only players who seem able to trouble the opposition.

Apparently tho I keep been told we play much better in games I have not seen.

I put it down to after the forest game we have been found out and now teams are confident of coming at us early in games.

We dont close the ball down until its in our own box, seems odd when our manager was a defender.

That's a problem I have noticed. Brown and Hobbs are the two culprits, they seem scared to make the tackle in a one-on-one situation and instead let the attackers run at them, I can think of three goals we have conceded this season from their inabilities to go for a tackle.

Brown is good in the air and a decent tackler, and has decent positioning. He might be a bit slow at times, but he is a damn sight better than Robbie Nielsen.

Robbie Nielsen needs another player marking his position at all times. He can't pass, can't run, and is about as agile as a parked bus. In fact he is about as effective as I would be in his position, and that is not a compliment. If I were NP I would be selling him ASAP and getting a replacement in at right back. Leave Brown alone.

I honestly do not think Neilson is as bad as some make out, since the Watford game he has got a lot better. .

Nielsen cost us the goal. He was shite. The chap next me laughed and exclaimed in a high voice "what's he doing now? oh no!" Just before they scored on 19 seconds. Kind of sums up his performance. Every time he gets the ball he gives it away.

You must be watching somebody else.

:038::038::038: Post of the year. Top drawer, homer.

That post should be stapled to every blue mongie's forehead.

No can do, Norbert, I'm wearing my Hollowmask still.

How stupid do you feel now, Norbert Knobend?

I put it down to after the forest game we have been found out and now teams are confident of coming at us early in games.

FECKING HELL! :bang::bang::bang:

How have been found out since the Forest game?!

In our last 4 games, we have won 3 and drawn 1, including out playing 2 sides also in the play-off race.

If we have found us out, yet some of the best teams in the division can't even nullify our style, then the whole division is clearly full of tactical buffoons. :icon_roll

Last edited:
Everytime I have seen leics play this season the following rings true.

Mcgivern jogs and doesnt sprint, unable to get to ball in time to stop it going out of play or his opposite player beats him against the odds.
We very weak against set pieces.
Fryatt is our only striker who looks like scoring. Even tho howard scored in the last game he doesnt breed me with confidence.
Dyer and Fryatt are the only players who seem able to trouble the opposition.

Apparently tho I keep been told we play much better in games I have not seen.

I totally agree, my point is merely that when we play hoofball we are shite, and when we play players out of position and play, yes, again hoofball we are even more shite.

FFS I give up, I really do. Reality check people we are currently in the play off positions, halfway through the season following promotion from league one. Granted we were poor on Sunday but the hysterical over reaction is unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669