We’ve Defied the Odds Before. Get Behind the Lads...

Perhaps I give KP less credit than they deserve, but my interpretation of history (based on no inside knowledge), is that they hit the absolute jackpot hiring Nigel Pearson whilst still being so green that he could run the football side of the club in the same way that Ferguson ran Man United (which admittedly, doesn't exist in 2024).

As a result of that, NP brought in Steve Walsh to the club to lead player recruitment, who in turn, set up a world class scouting methodology based on data.

Meanwhile, Nigel and Shakey knew that the club required a proper sports science approach that hadn't really been applied, even in some Top clubs (apparently Jose ripped what sport science there was out of Man United during his tenure).

Finally, Nigel had immense man management skills - developing players like Marhez, Drinkwater and Vardy that left to any other manager, would most likely not have flourished. This also built the best team spirit the club has ever had (at least when it hasn't revolved around drinking culture).

All of this was allowed to happen because we didn't have a DoF and through luck or judgement, gave NP the freedom to build an elite set up at a mid table championship team.

For my money, this laid the foundations for everything good that has happened over the past decade and which KP and Rudkin have tried to take the majority of the credit. It's also why in my opinion, past performance is not an indication of the future, because Rudkin now has a vice like grip on his position and the freedom to develop the club and what footballing structure we had has been dismantled since 2016 (as we saw when Steve Walsh decided to leave and we bought in duffers like Silmani and Musa!).

*I will say that in this interpretation, I have to give credit to KP for the financial backing and space given to NP and others to build that foundation.
So making a correct decision and appointing the correct person then supporting them and building around them isn’t a plus somehow? Help me out with that one.

Couldn’t agree more! Some people seem to have a misguided view that the people in charge of the club are deliberately trying to sabotage any hope of success.
No one has said that. Literally no one.

How have you confused being inept with trying to sabotage? Bizarre.

No one has said that. Literally no one.

How have you confused being inept with trying to sabotage? Bizarre.
How are you making the jump from one significant error with long lasting effects to ‘inept’. It’s a mistake and a significant one, but not evidence of total ineptitude.

We were relegated because we placed faith in a snake oil salesman and then showed far too much loyalty. We were relegated, but we did then make a series of very good decisions and we were promoted. We couldn’t achieve that without some sound decision making.

There’s no doubt we have made a mistake and a significant one. Hounding out the owners at this stage when we are in our greatest need of stability would almost be an act of self sabotage.

Everything that goes wrong isn’t inept. It is perfectly possible to sometimes do nothing wrong at all and still lose. That’s not ineptitude. That’s life.

How are you making the jump from one significant error with long lasting effects to ‘inept’. It’s a mistake and a significant one, but not evidence of total ineptitude.

We were relegated because we placed faith in a snake oil salesman and then showed far too much loyalty. We were relegated, but we did then make a series of very good decisions and we were promoted. We couldn’t achieve that without some sound decision making.

There’s no doubt we have made a mistake and a significant one. Hounding out the owners at this stage when we are in our greatest need of stability would almost be an act of self sabotage.

Everything that goes wrong isn’t inept. It is perfectly possible to sometimes do nothing wrong at all and still lose. That’s not ineptitude. That’s life.
Brainwashed.

Is there still a place in football for altruistic owners? Or is it always considered a billionaire's plaything, or purely a business decision?

Don't King Power hold a monopoly over duty free outlets in Thailand? Surely their success is linked to increasing the tourism to country.

Did Vichai just decide that was more to life than business, and decided to pursue personal projects - football, polo & horse racing?

I’m not saying we shouldn’t care about this stuff, but at some point I realise that I’m a fan who goes to games with my dad, one of my brothers, or my kids. All this shite is above and beyond any practical resistance I may have, so I go to enjoy it for what it is, a game of football.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t care about this stuff, but at some point I realise that I’m a fan who goes to games with my dad, one of my brothers, or my kids. All this shite is above and beyond any practical resistance I may have, so I go to enjoy it for what it is, a game of football.
At 126 quid for 2 tickets, I hope I enjoy it!

Everyone makes errors. That’s why they put rubbers on pencils. Paolo Sousa was 14 years ago.

Every team also has an element of fortune, but you can’t label all success as luck and all failure as ineptitude. You don’t luckily win league 1, the championship twice, the premier league, the FA Cup and the community shield with several top half finishes and a quarter final of the worlds biggest club competition. That isn’t all luck.

Similarly, failure isn’t down to doing nothing, being inept, or being stupid. There’s one enormous issue that wasn’t addressed and it was that Rodgers twerp. I was very critical he wasn’t removed a year and a half before it finally happened. There’s no question that what he spent landed us here. There’s no question the club put an enormous amount of misplaced faith in him. That is a failing. No doubt. It doesn’t undo all the good things we have done. It sets us back a long way, but not insurmountable if we are patient.

The argument about hundreds of millions of loans they put in but wrote off is documented in our filed accounts. It stacks up. It’s there in black and white. They didn’t have to write off a penny. Not one.

They also didn’t have to build a training ground or plan to develop the rest of our infrastructure. They didn’t have to reinvest transfer funds back into the team while we were in the shit. It’s their company, they could sit on it or declare a nice dividend. They could’ve taken the Sheffield Wednesday approach and said that nothing more was going in, that wages wouldn’t be paid, that if fans thought it was their club so much they should pay the liabilities. They aren’t that kind of owner though.

The value of King Power went from 8 billion to around 1.5 billion because of Covid. They still put money in. At the height of their worst time they wrote off our debt. The company is now worth around 3.5 billion. It’s not double its size. It’s half its size (not even that currently).

We haven’t gone backwards. We were nothing when they came in. Scratching around the half a million transfer fee bracket and declining year on year. I’ll happily take the rain while we try to right what went wrong.

I don’t have blind faith. I acknowledge the mistakes. I think they know about them too, but I don’t see an ownership that has closed shop and turned off the tap.

Hound them out guys. See whether the next one is better, but don’t cry about it when 1) the replacement isn’t what you’d hoped; and 2) our current owners are doing great somewhere else.
Perfect.

Will you be my solicitor?

Or my lover?

At 126 quid for 2 tickets, I hope I enjoy it!
That's a lot of cherry picking. If I didn't have a ST, I could take my son to the Villa game and for both of us it would be £48.

Is that terrible value in the grand scheme of things?

That's a lot of cherry picking. If I didn't have a ST, I could take my son to the Villa game and for both of us it would be £48.

Is that terrible value in the grand scheme of things?
Don't think so. Just had a look and every adult ticket is at least £51. Plus you'd need to spend £60ish to even be able to buy those tickets in the first place.

Don't think so. Just had a look and every adult ticket is at least £51. Plus you'd need to spend £60ish to even be able to buy those tickets in the first place.
Erm....

I got those prices from the website. You're not looking hard enough.

It would be £53 as an annual fee for an adult and a child membership and then the match would then be £48 for an adult and an under 12.

Screenshot_20240818-133725.png

As for the membership fee, almost all football clubs require a membership to purchase tickets. That's been the case for years. I need to pay a membership fee for my local Snooker club as well as a fee per hour if I want to use their facilities. I need to pay £4.99 a year for the Co-op membership card for **** sake. It's a normal business model.

This is the problem, see. People are making shit up and pretending it's fact or they are under the illusion that we are the only club/business doing some of these things. It's just complete nonsense and nothing more than an excuse to moan and groan a little more.

It would be £53 as an annual fee for an adult and a child membership and then the match would then be £48 for an adult and an under 12.

View attachment 18889

As for the membership fee, almost all football clubs require a membership to purchase tickets. That's been the case for years. I need to pay a membership fee for my local Snooker club as well as a fee per hour if I want to use their facilities. I need to pay £4.99 a year for the Co-op membership card for **** sake. It's a normal business model.

This is the problem, see. People are making shit up and pretending it's fact or they are under the illusion that we are the only club/business doing some of these things. It's just complete nonsense and nothing more than an excuse to moan and groan a little more.
You can use the snooker club or co op whenever you need. The co op gives deals.

Football “membership” is nothing more than an entry into a ballot a minimum of 19 times a season.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34