We did ask to speak to Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn't want Holloway here, however if he was to be appointed I would at-least give him a chance, and support him 100%. He could turn out to be brilliant, no-body knows.

His style of play does worry me, but he would certainly give the players a good kick up the arse.

At this minute in time the main speculation has been Holloway, Newell was heavily linked but it seems to have gone hush hush, and the speculation surrounding Holloway keeps growing IMO.

I can only ask my fellow supporters, that IF Holloway is appointed we get behind the HIM and the team !

I'd support Holloway if we end up with him as manager, but I don't want us to end up being dirty cheats. If he came in and avoided that, I'd be happy enough if we progress.

But I'd much prefer Newell, Davies, Cotterill, Kelly....

alex said:
I still think it's amazing Mike Newell would come to be honest.

Ssssh! (me too though, heehe)

alex said:
I still think it's amazing Mike Newell would come to be honest.

I don't. Former club, and a big career chance IMO. Can you imagine him taking Luton any further? Especially with the lack of ambition he thinks they have.

We've got the proverbial Premier set-up, slightly more in the way of spending power (even with our "situation"), and if he can improve us as much as he improved Luton (and most good managers will back their own ability), he'll be a Premier manager in a couple of years..... :icon_razz

Come on Mikey baby, sign on the dotted line and then make us great again! :038: :038: :038: :icon_cool

LeeH said:
The QPR chairman, in an interview played on RL this morning, said that Holloway wasn't being sacked because he was interested in the City job. Didn't believe a word he said.....

He said on Five Live last night that we "Offered him the job" :icon_conf :icon_conf

I don't think he meant that though I think he meant we asked for permission to speak to him.

This is all getting too messy now. Although some of it may have been beyond our control I think we should get a move on and appoint someone and put all this shite to bed.

Let's look at the arithmatic. Our average gate this season is 10,000 below capacity. If we get MN and put a string of results together, then next season, we could get a full-house for each match. Let us suppose the the average ticket price were £15, that would be £150,000 extra per match. That spread over a 23 home game season adds up to approx £3.5m. I am sure that Luton Town do not have this potential extra revenue, and if I were interviewing him for the job, that would be one of the biggest selling points I would make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669