We did ask to speak to Holloway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylon

Just read on a QPR site that in a press conference they held at 3pm, the chairman said Leicester asked to speak to Holloway. Holloways agent told the chairman that the he wanted to speak to us also. This way why the chairman placed him on leave!!

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...ytoid=532743870

Bad news IMO as it shows we even entertained the thought of getting him!!!

If we don't get him he's going to be a bit gutted isn't he. This is the only problem with what we are doing, managers are being forced to show their hand to the chairman of their clubs by saying they want to speak to us. There will be a few pissed off managers out there.

I just think this whole deal with Holloway has been fuelled by the QPR board. It's been well publicised the board and Holloway haven't got on for a while and they are using us as a convenient excuse to get rid of Holloway.

QPR can piss off.

This is going to harm QPR's chances of getting a decent new manager, if you're up and coming are you going to want to go to a club that'll sack you if you just think about bettering yourself at a bigger club?

jb5000 said:
This is going to harm QPR's chances of getting a decent new manager, if you're up and coming are you going to want to go to a club that'll sack you if you just think about bettering yourself at a bigger club?

But the real reason they're getting rid of him isn't because he spoke to us.
If he was any good they'd have done what Burnley have done with Cotterill, by offering him a new contract. The fact that they're using this as a reason to get rid of him shows what a bad job they think he's been doing.

webmaster said:
If he was any good they'd have done what Burnley have done with Cotterill, by offering him a new contract. The fact that they're using this as a reason to get rid of him shows what a bad job they think he's been doing.

So why the hell did we speak to him. That's what I don't get!!!

Babylon said:

Because all the managers that are doing really well at their club dont want to come to us!

Babylon said:

They probably thought he'd be worth speaking to because of his record getting QPR promoted and keeping them in his division without having much money.
But I doubt he'd be one of the favourites, maybe someone to turn to if the likes of Newell etc turned it down and Kelly was doing badly.

webmaster said:

Too right.

Mad thing is we reportedly called to speak to him following our win at Loftus Road, surely we were only calling to thank him for being so poor?

Fox From The Hudd said:
Just seen the QPR chairman on Sky Sports - it seems Holloway applied for the job - that's the reason they've got the arse with him....

Not a man to trust. ;)

He may well have applied, and we may well have asked if it were possible to speak to him, at the end of the day, we havent offered him the job, he has applied and Leicester saw that as an opportunity to interview him, it doesnt cost anything to interview somebody, except for Holloway as it has cost him his job !

Again I find it strange that QPR have used this as an excuse to get rid of him, I didnt see the same thing happen with Cotterill, Davies, Blackwell etc and they must have intimated they would be interested prior to us approaching their relevant chairmen.

to be honest am i the only one who would not be unhappy to see ollie come to leicester? ive got some good friends who are qpr fans and ive seen them quite a few times over the last few seasons ,always entertaining to watch and what everybody seems to forget is he turned that club around 5 yrs ago took them from strugglers in the then div2 and got them promoted and the last 2 seasons he has kept themin the top half of the championship all on a budget far far smaller than leicesters,so ok he was going through a bad time with them before thy got rid of him nut i actually rate him and he is alsao the type of character that fits in at leicester i.e slightly excentric as was martin o,neill i know he was loved at qpr and ive got a feeling that he could be at leicester too ,he is certainly more of a personality than newel as to wether he is a better manager well unless he is given the chance we will never know

jonahal32 said:
to be honest am i the only one who would not be unhappy to see ollie come to leicester? ive got some good friends who are qpr fans and ive seen them quite a few times over the last few seasons ,always entertaining to watch and what everybody seems to forget is he turned that club around 5 yrs ago took them from strugglers in the then div2 and got them promoted and the last 2 seasons he has kept themin the top half of the championship all on a budget far far smaller than leicesters,so ok he was going through a bad time with them before thy got rid of him nut i actually rate him and he is alsao the type of character that fits in at leicester i.e slightly excentric as was martin o,neill i know he was loved at qpr and ive got a feeling that he could be at leicester too ,he is certainly more of a personality than newel as to wether he is a better manager well unless he is given the chance we will never know

Fair points well made.

I happen to think Holloway would be allright.

Pisses me of a bit the reaction of some people WHOEVER becomes manager I will give them my complete support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669