We don't want them

Which ONE of the bottom 4 do you want to stop up in the best interests of our own promotion prospect

• SOUTHAMPTON

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CRYSTAL P

• NORWICH.

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

With all 4 teams at the bottom of the prem looking for safety who would you like to see stop up, in the best interests of our own promotion prospects.
While Southampton probaly have the best squad, how many would leave if they go down.
W.B.A would probaly be able to keep most of their team and will be a strong side if relegated.
C.Palace will find it hard to keep A.Johnson but like W.B.A should be able to keep a strong side for the championship.
Norwich are in pole position going into the final game, and i,ve a feeling they are going to stop up.

Doesn't really matter me old son, we can lose to anyone on our day... :roll:

Out of all the management teams, I fancy Harry & Jim to get them going the best.

alex said:
Out of all the management teams, I fancy Harry & Jim to get them going the best.

IMO if the saints go down they will have to reduce their budget. I can't see Phillips or Crouch playing in the fizzy, and others will leave as well.
Also the fizzy would be a culture shock for them and there will be plenty wanting to put one over them. They won't find it as easy as they might think. IMO W.B.A could be a big threat. I didn't rate Bryan Robson, but he seems to have got them playing in the latter part of the season.

Norwich seems to have been managed in the right and and wouldnt really have to sell if they came down, and they play as a unit with real good teamwork, I wouldn't like us to be playing agianst them, so I'd rather have Norwich to stay up.

The thing is that all those 4 teams have competed rather than fallen apart.

I would have thought that Southampton are the most likely to fall apart if relegated but frankly any or all of them are likely to finish above us next year.

Not nice to say - but the way it is.

Dean Ashton will score for fun for Norwich as he's proven with Crewe. if they come down I think they'd kill it next season. Palace will lose Johnson, Rihalliti maybe even Dowie, Southampton will fall apart, I think West Brom would challenege, so I hope Norwich stay up.

voted for WBA only because my Bro's Wife's family support them and Russell Hoults family live round the corner from my parents.

Whoever comes down I think will have a tougher time of it. This league at the moment is very open, and I cannot see that changing. I just feel Harry and Jim may well have the nounce required to get Southampton straight back up. It's pointless analysing their current squads, that'll change.

chrislcfc18 said:
voted for WBA only because my Bro's Wife's family support them and Russell Hoults family live round the corner from my parents.

The question was who you want to stay up to increase our chances of promotion next year, not who you want to stay up to keep the family happy

:?

Hazzman said:
Norwich becuase its the furthest ground in next seasons list of grounds to go.

Is Carrow Road really harder to get to than St Mary's and Selhurt Park? Personally I want Palace down as I can then walk to watch blue army at least once next year!!!

I'd go for Soton because we never seem to beat them and for the same reason I'd like to see Ipswich go up.

alex said:
Hazzman said:

Is Carrow Road really harder to get to than St Mary's and Selhurt Park? Personally I want Palace down as I can then walk to watch blue army at least once next year!!!

Maybe we should re-start this poll, as people seem to be voting for things other than what the question was about.

Norwich isn't the easiest place to get to by road because there's no motorway - but if you use the A14 it's pretty fast, and probably no more difficult to get to than Southampton. If you go by train the station is an easy walk from the ground.

Crystal Palace is probably the most difficult of the London grounds to get to by road, I hope we don't have to play there midweek, when it's a nightmare by road or train, unless you go really early.

i want norwich to stay up because they look like a unit and have been playing well recently and winning, and an unlucky loss against the saints. WBA won't have to sell to much either so they will be strong but Palace will lose the big guns like Johnson and Rihiilate as previously said, and Saints will lose Niemi, Crouch, Phillips, most of there squad really. i think Norwich will be the hardest to play next year.

webmaster said:
alex said:
Hazzman said:

Maybe we should re-start this poll, as people seem to be voting for things other than what the question was about.

Norwich isn't the easiest place to get to by road because there's no motorway - but if you use the A14 it's pretty fast, and probably no more difficult to get to than Southampton. If you go by train the station is an easy walk from the ground.

Crystal Palace is probably the most difficult of the London grounds to get to by road, I hope we don't have to play there midweek, when it's a nightmare by road or train, unless you go really early.

Tell me about it Webbo. I went in the Steve Walsh era for the usual Saturday afternoon kick-off. On the return journey i didn't get on the M1 till 8pm thanks to the magic roundabout, and not back to Leicester till 10. Without doubt one of the worse places to go to.
Surprised to see Southampton didn't run away with the poll, i thought most would go for them because of their long spell in the top flight.

beaumontfox said:
Palace is a bloody nightmare to get to!!!

anyways...i voted for Palace cos i think Dowie has got a good team there who will for the main part,still be together next season and will prove hard to beat.

plus i hate their ground LOL

Not been there recently BF. Didn't they used to have a big supermarket at one end of the ground ?

LufbraFox said:
I would prefer Soton to go down as it means i can go to an away game that is close to home

:? Would they not be the furthest away from Loughborough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669