We, the fans, are so stupid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
We were told we had to buy our season tickets in bloody April so they could get the budget sorted and bring in new signings. What a bare faced lie!

Clearly at the heart of Pearsons departure is the fact he doesn't feel he will have any funds to continue progress.

Totally conned.

Cheers.

Last edited:
You can still take your ST back.

If everyone did that I think they may get the message.

..... and what happened to the VAT money?

Last edited:
Don't worry Duzza, we'll all get told 'where would be without Mandaric' or 'every club does it'. It's like the matchday ticket prices rises too.

without Mandaric we would be in the shit, quite possibly not in existence, so he has to have credit for that. But at the end of the day he bought it as a business, one which happens to be a football club. You do not keep throwing money at any business which is bleeding cash out of everywhere you look. Ask where the money is coming from to pay wages and all the other overheads that need to be paid.

We were told we had to buy our season tickets in bloody April so they could get the budget sorted and bring in new signings. What a bare faced lie!

Clearly at the heart of Pearsons departure is the fact he doesn't feel he will have any funds to continue progress.

Totally conned.

Cheers.

So are you honestly saying that if we don't spend millions on new players you wouldn't buy a season ticket? Or if Pearson had stayed and still spent no money you wouldn't either?

So are you honestly saying that if we don't spend millions on new players you wouldn't buy a season ticket? Or if Pearson had stayed and still spent no money you wouldn't either?

I think what Duzza is trying to say is, we were all lead to believe that by renewing in April, it would allow the club to budget as early as possible for the coming season.

We knew there wouldn't be millions, but there had to be something. It appears that even now, the like of Hoos hasn't been able to put together a budget proposal, and NP feels like he's fighting a losing battle. How can he prepare if he's got no idea what he can spend? At least Hull have said there isnt a penny for transfer fees, however there is money available for wages on loan / free transfers.

without Mandaric we would be in the shit, quite possibly not in existence, so he has to have credit for that. But at the end of the day he bought it as a business, one which happens to be a football club. You do not keep throwing money at any business which is bleeding cash out of everywhere you look. Ask where the money is coming from to pay wages and all the other overheads that need to be paid.

I see your point but anyone who buys a football club as business needs their head looking at. You can count the number of folk who've made money off operating a football club on your hands. 'Throwing money at any business' is not my issue, it's the club asking the fans for money early for the promise of signings etc. and it's the club asking the fanbase for more money when as proved by Cardiff play-off game support is going down for the club regardless of performance.

The first part is your opinion. There are smaller clubs who've survived admin and there's smaller clubs come back stronger. I have stood on a terrace at Accrington this season where the fans were expecting to be out of business by Monday but they are still alive and performing their best season ever. I was naive at the appointment of Mandaric but every thing that's involved him, I can not have a good thing to say. I've spoken to a Pompey fella recently who believes the situation they currently find themselves in originates to Mandaric and he wants jump back on that ship, so he can give his ego a boost. Lets be straight how many other chairmen have been accused of tax evasion in recent years?

So whats the problem then? The season ticket sales so far may have paid for us to sign Kennedy or be able to give King the new contract he has just signed or more importantly keep us alive.

I think I explained it in the opening post.

Are matchday tickets going down at other clubs then?

That's not a defence.

This is my club, I want to see us fill out the stadium. The £30 minimum for local derbies and big games is now more expensive than Forest, Derby, Ipswich, Norwich and Leeds...all clubs condemned by supporters nationwide last season for being expensive.

The club are going to lose money IMO. Your derbies are your bankers, people don't mind paying a bit more but £30 is a watershed.

Last edited:
I think I explained it in the opening post.

Look I'm not trying to start an argument but how I read it was you are pissed off that you were told that buying your season ticket early would help us finance some transfers and yet it appears we still have no money. What I am saying is perhaps the season ticket money has already been spent on Kennedy and King. If I have got this wrong then I apologise.

Look I'm not trying to start an argument but how I read it was you are pissed off that you were told that buying your season ticket early would help us finance some transfers and yet it appears we still have no money. What I am saying is perhaps the season ticket money has already been spent on Kennedy and King. If I have got this wrong then I apologise.

It's pretty clear Pearson hasn't been given the seasons budget so why did we all cough up 2-3 months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566