We, the fans, are so stupid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point but anyone who buys a football club as business needs their head looking at. You can count the number of folk who've made money off operating a football club on your hands. 'Throwing money at any business' is not my issue, it's the club asking the fans for money early for the promise of signings etc. and it's the club asking the fanbase for more money when as proved by Cardiff play-off game support is going down for the club regardless of performance.

The first part is your opinion. There are smaller clubs who've survived admin and there's smaller clubs come back stronger. I have stood on a terrace at Accrington this season where the fans were expecting to be out of business by Monday but they are still alive and performing their best season ever. I was naive at the appointment of Mandaric but every thing that's involved him, I can not have a good thing to say. I've spoken to a Pompey fella recently who believes the situation they currently find themselves in originates to Mandaric and he wants jump back on that ship, so he can give his ego a boost. Lets be straight how many other chairmen have been accused of tax evasion in recent years?

What? All clubs are bought as a business, what else can they be bought as? Also as for buying ST early was to qualify for a discount price before they put them up. This one annoys me as they could have said this applys for existing ST holders until a reasonable post season date. These are the hardcore supporters and will renew what ever happens. As for using this money to buy new players I cannot recall them saying that, but I could be wrong. I do not think for one second when they buy a player they ask there and then who they make the cheque out to! I would suspect it is paid over time so why the rush for the money, a list of ST holders who will renew by a certain date should have been enough for a cashflow forecast.
You can also speak to an infitate number of supporters from all sorts of clubs and they never have a good word to say about the owners/chairman. The fans always know best when their money is not at stake.

I see your point but anyone who buys a football club as business needs their head looking at. You can count the number of folk who've made money off operating a football club on your hands. 'Throwing money at any business' is not my issue, it's the club asking the fans for money early for the promise of signings etc. and it's the club asking the fanbase for more money when as proved by Cardiff play-off game support is going down for the club regardless of performance.

The first part is your opinion. There are smaller clubs who've survived admin and there's smaller clubs come back stronger. I have stood on a terrace at Accrington this season where the fans were expecting to be out of business by Monday but they are still alive and performing their best season ever. I was naive at the appointment of Mandaric but every thing that's involved him, I can not have a good thing to say. I've spoken to a Pompey fella recently who believes the situation they currently find themselves in originates to Mandaric and he wants jump back on that ship, so he can give his ego a boost. Lets be straight how many other chairmen have been accused of tax evasion in recent years?

Portsmouth were ****ed by Harry buying dozens of useless players on extortionate wages, yet he never gets accused with any of the blame for their situation.

They are their Premiership prices as signalled by the PL next to their name. They were excluded from the average calculation in the same way Millwall were as their £20 price is for L1 football.
and what is Norwich's excuse?

and what is Norwich's excuse?

None, it's disgusting pricing.

Portsmouth were ****ed by Harry buying dozens of useless players on extortionate wages, yet he never gets accused with any of the blame for their situation.

The same Pompey fan equally dislikes Redknapp and there's a strong feeling on the south coast of the same ( as proved by his booing when he recived the city keys but the same isn't said for Mandaric as he loves playing the man of the people role). They can't have been that useless either as they won the FA Cup and had a decent run in Europe. It was just unsustainable in the long-run.

Mandaric struck lucky with Redknapp's run to the Premiership, they were floating around aimlessly in the Championship with hints of greatness thanks to Robert Prosinecki and similarly, Mandaric's promise (much like our three year plan for the Premiership) of a new stadium never materialised. Who can remember when Mandaric appointed that odd Zelic fella who nearly derailed their Premiership status at Pompey? Or when he sold Portsmouth to a person with links to be wanting for illegal arms dealing? Or the super appointment of Alain Perrin?

Last edited:
Who can remember when Mandaric appointed that odd Zelic fella who nearly derailed their Premiership status at Pompey? Or when he sold Portsmouth to a person with links to be wanting for illegal arms dealing? Or the super appointment of Alain Perrin?

But on the plus side he made sure George Best was regularly seen in the Fratton crowd.

With respect, what were the club supposed to say? Don't bother getting a season ticket chaps, Nige hasn't signed his contract yet.

I used to buy a season ticket in order to watch a season of football and support my club and team. What other reason is there for buying one?

I used to buy a season ticket in order to watch a season of football and support my club and team. What other reason is there for buying one?

But were you told that if you bought it earlier it would help the manager?

It's the bullshit that went with the marketing of the ticket that people are complaining about. It's a form of emotional blackmail. If you don't buy the season ticket early it's your fault there's no money to spend on players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669