Weekend away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaby blue blood

Hi Guys, a little help needed please.

It is my 30th birthday exactly one month today. To celebrate such a tragic occasion me and the lady friend are wanting to go away for the weekend (fingers crossed the word Dirty is in there!). I want to go somewhere in this country that is relaxed and reasonably remote, but within distance of things to do, days out, walks etc. And the cheaper the better.

All your help is much appreciated, serious or not. Over to you

Cheers chaps
:icon_bigg

It is my 30th birthday exactly one month today. To celebrate such a tragic occasion me and the lady friend are wanting to go away for the weekend (fingers crossed the word Dirty is in there!). I want to go somewhere in this country that is relaxed and reasonably remote, but within distance of things to do, days out, walks etc. And the cheaper the better.

Cheers chaps

Hi BBB, the Lakeside Hotel on Lake Windermere is very nice and you can get good deals on accomodation there.

Scenery is spectacular, lots to do and see around the area, you would ideally want a car though.

Hope this helps.

Hi BBB, the Lakeside Hotel on Lake Windermere is very nice and you can get good deals on accomodation there.

Scenery is spectacular, lots to do and see around the area, you would ideally want a car though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Chicken, I'd forgotten about the lake district. I will check it out :023:

Travelodge, Grays

A wonderful spot, situated right next to the M25 meaning that you and your lady friend will be able to play car tennis to your hearts content.

With the motorway pollution and the nearby heavy industry - your wish to become dirty over the weekend will be granted.

For entertainment: Why not pop to Bluewater or Lakeside and see if you can spot anyone who isn't orange, or shuffle along to Southend to listen to the magical car stereos on the seafront?

And for that idillic walk? Tilbury docks will amaze and astound you with its' scents, its' truckers and its' use of all of the shades of gray.

If I were planning a luxury break it's where I'd be heading. You lucky bastard.

2176a00.gif

Last edited:
Travelodge, Grays

A wonderful spot, situated right next to the M25 meaning that you and your lady friend will be able to play car tennis to your hearts content.

With the motorway pollution and the nearby heavy industry - your wish to become dirty over the weekend will be granted.

For entertainment: Why not pop to Bluewater or Lakeside and see if you can spot anyone who isn't orange, or shuffle along to Southend to listen to the magical car stereos on the seafront?

And for that idillic walk? Tilbury docks will amaze and astound you with its' scents, its' truckers and its' use of all of the shades of gray.

If I were planning a luxury break it's where I'd be heading. You lucky bastard.

2176a00.gif

I've spent more than my fair share of time in Grays over the years - but never at the travelodge - that would be one step too far.

Cheers chaps

Agree totally with the Lake District, but if you don't want to go that far and avoid the touristy trail, try the Yorkshire dales, especially Wensleydale and Rosedale. Great scenery whether walking or driving, decent boozers, some nice little towns and villages. If you want to do it in style hire a nice little classic car. Stop off in York on the way there or back. Totally relaxing. And no, i don't work for Yorkshire tourist board.

if it's the lakes then try the brittania in elterwater, great little pub and right next to the langdale pikes, great walking.

good walking down near church stretton in shropshire too. Long mynd etc

if it's the lakes then try the brittania in elterwater, great little pub and right next to the langdale pikes, great walking. good walking down near church stretton in shropshire too. Long mynd etc

Agreed MK, lovely part of the Lake District

my 'Tilbury' has amazed and astounded many ladies...

Does it let off flares at midnight on new year's eve? If so, I used to watch and whilst impressive I'm not sure I'd go as far as astounding.

Last edited:
The Castle Green Hotel in Kendal is nice too and often has some good deals on

http://www.castlegreen.co.uk/accommodation.aspx
If you go to the Lakes the zoo at Barrow is not too bad a place to visit if its open in January.

Otherwise York, as someone mentioned, and the North York moors and the coastline from Whitby downwards including Robin Hoods Bay, makes for a good weekend. There's the Steam railway(can't remember the name) and Heartbeat Country to visit in that area as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669