Welcome to the next 7 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orifice

Where do City go after the Stoke game?

No, not Home to Crewe, but the way I see it, unfortunatly, we are now a BORING Championship team. Watford, Stoke, Cardiff, QPR, Luton, Leicester etc.

We are gonna be here for the foreseeable future. CL won't take us anywhere (don't ask me to offer an alternative). We have a bunch of no-bodys who don't give a flying frog about the club. The ones that maybe care are too old or too young to make any difference. It's so easy to turn up week in week out and give the bare minimum (players) and say that we are better than our results (Manager)

Us lot support City because we always have. Years ago people liked Leicester because we offered something (MO'N days, something of interest) now we offer NOTHING. I'll still be here in 7 years (God forbid you all say...) and withoubt doubt everyone on the forum will, but bearing a miricle Leicester city will be 17th in the 'Championship' season 2012-13.

The Championship is filled with ordinary teams like us. Ordinary. Basic. Regular. Predictable. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I Know, I had a few beers but still, It's what I'm thinking :icon_cry:

I don't think we were boring. My Uncles reaction? More entertaining than Chelsea V Liverpool. City's mistakes today were not putting the ball away when they should of. We improving, we green and we not that bad.

Orifice said:
Where do City go after the Stoke game?

No, not Home to Crewe, but the way I see it, unfortunatly, we are now a BORING Championship team. Watford, Stoke, Cardiff, QPR, Luton, Leicester etc.

We are gonna be here for the foreseeable future. CL won't take us anywhere (don't ask me to offer an alternative). We have a bunch of no-bodys who don't give a flying frog about the club. The ones that maybe care are too old or too young to make any difference. It's so easy to turn up week in week out and give the bare minimum (players) and say that we are better than our results (Manager)

Us lot support City because we always have. Years ago people liked Leicester because we offered something (MO'N days, something of interest) now we offer NOTHING. I'll still be here in 7 years (God forbid you all say...) and withoubt doubt everyone on the forum will, but bearing a miricle Leicester city will be 17th in the 'Championship' season 2012-13.

The Championship is filled with ordinary teams like us. Ordinary. Basic. Regular. Predictable. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I Know, I had a few beers but still, It's what I'm thinking :icon_cry:
in another thread i said how i was goin to miss the rest of the match-what do i do? go downstairs in the hope we may get in equaliser-im a fool i dont know why i bother i love this bloody club so much yet i never get anything in return, tonight was just another one of thos games we should OF won, how many times have we said that this season? too many times i dunno what the answer is bt i dnt think levein is.

drummindefender said:
in another thread i said how i was goin to miss the rest of the match-what do i do? go downstairs in the hope we may get in equaliser-im a fool i dont know why i bother i love this bloody club so much yet i never get anything in return, tonight was just another one of thos games we should OF won, how many times have we said that this season? too many times i dunno what the answer is bt i dnt think levein is.

I'm thinking the same but hey, its life.

I certainly don't think we were 'boring ' tonight and I actually think the majority of the team played well not brilliant but well.Sylla was an absolute disgrace though.Does he have to make it so obvious that he cares nothing for our Club ?

Orifice your name is quite apt, coz you are quite frankly talking out of your rear one !!! Typical over reaction to a defeat.:mad:

What were your predictions in the early 90s when we beat Oxford to stay up. :102:7 years from then we were establishing ourselves in the premiership, playing in Europe for the first time in a generation.

drummindefender said:
i dont know why i bother i love this bloody club so much yet i never get anything in return,

We pretty much all feel like that. We had a false sense that eveything would always be rosey 5-10 years ago but nowadays I just can't look ahead with excitement.

Come On You Blues - anyway...

highland fox said:
I certainly don't think we were 'boring ' tonight and I actually think the majority of the team played well not brilliant but well.
I think a very poor first half from Stoke made us look better than we really were I think. 4 very well taken goals tonight and to be fair the guy did well with both penalties. I feel let down but somewhat entertained..

Orifice said:
drummindefender said:
i dont know why i bother i love this bloody club so much yet i never get anything in return,

We pretty much all feel like that. We had a false sense that eveything would always be rosey 5-10 years ago but nowadays I just can't look ahead with excitement.

Come On You Blues - anyway...

Actually O after watching tonights game I do look forward with a little optimism more so than any time in the last year.Sure we wern't brilliant but we looked good in patches.We do definately need another Striker though and Dublin plays and we start to leak goals...coincidence?

xsubmariner said:
Orifice your name is quite apt, coz you are quite frankly talking out of your rear one !!! Typical over reaction to a defeat.:mad:

What were your predictions in the early 90s when we beat Oxford to stay up. :102:7 years from then we were establishing ourselves in the premiership, playing in Europe for the first time in a generation.

Fair call xsub, but things were or seemed more erratic then, now I feel things appear far more stationary.

Had we held on for a win I would have been well happy, but I still think that we're stuck in mid table land untill we get something dramatic to move us up (or down) to a different level.

MKFox said:
I think a very poor first half from Stoke made us look better than we really were I think.

But you could say that about every Football match and Football in general,are Chelsea all that great or are the rest of the Premiership poor,for instance.We need to be more 'potent' infront of goal.

Basically, I think there are signs of improvement but they are not significant enough to give confidence that Levein is ever going to achieve any real success.

22 starts with only 5 wins in a competitive but not high quality division tells its own story.

I don't think there is any need for panic but the board ought to be thinking about a fresh start for next season. That said, i doubt whether they will until sales (lack of) of STs force a re-think.

Orifice, we weren't erratic in the early 90's we were CRAP. We had to depend on others to help us stay up.
I'd like to think that our freefall from the premiership could be likened to a bungee jump. We've now hit the bottom of the jump but due to the length of the chord it is taking longer than expected to get back up, but we will :icon_cool

We just didnt blast the net when the chances fell.

If Joey shot rocket went in, it would have been over.

City are green, mostly young and games like tonight is part of the learning experience.

Gerrbrand wasnt at his best today but playing today was an experience for him.

Last edited:
Craig has done a good job but he wont be able to take us to promotion. He has a phenomal task on his hands and I think his limitation will be having reduced the age of the squad and reducing the wage bill whilst keeping us in this league. The next manager after will have the job of taking it the next step and getting us back to the premiership.

Chrysalis said:
Craig has done a good job but he wont be able to take us to promotion. He has a phenomal task on his hands and I think his limitation will be having reduced the age of the squad and reducing the wage bill whilst keeping us in this league. The next manager after will have the job of taking it the next step and getting us back to the premiership.

Try anti-depressents. They may open your eyes.

Why can't he get us promotion? Quite frankley im sick of your negitive attiduted Talking Balls posters. I traveled to the game tonight and even though we lost we still put in a good performance. Sure we havent come away with the points, but thigs are slowly being resolved! Rembered the Goal Crisis? What Crisis?

For god sake look on the bright side of things! If we continue to imporve at the current rate in a years time we will be top of the leauge!

Performances are certainly improving under Levein and there have been a number of positives in terms of the developing youngsters and some of his signings, and the improvement of some of the inherited squad such as :

Richard Stearman, the 2 Patricks, Joey's massive improvement, Hume and Hammond's developing partnership, Ryan Smith be it tempoary, and the attacking open style we are currently adopting.

However there are also a number of negatives, which at present sow the seeds of doubt as to whether Levein will get it right.

He has made a number of signings who at present have yet to demonstrate whether they are as good let alone better than players moved on in the past 12 months, for example Douglas, Johansson, Gilbert, Sylla, Hamill and Kisnorbo, that is a very high percentage and more worryingly only two of those players were signed as ones for the future, the others are "established".

Also managers are judged on results, we had a superb victory over Sheff Utd but this hides a run of 1 win and 4 defeats in the last 6 games since the international break, granted the football is better, but we seem incapable of building and then maintaining any sort of unbeaten let alone winning run.

Also what is Leveins preferred playing, he has been manager now for over 12 months and I am still trying to determine whether he is a manager who likes to play fast flowing attacking football or whether he is a defensive coach who loves to grind out results and play long ball. By my recollection we have chopped and changed our style 3 or 4 times this season and that concerns me, how can the plays adapt if we keep changing.

IMO in terms of potential and the current playing squad, we now have a number of individuals who will have a decent sell on value and for that Craig should be applauded, but I also feel he has signed a number of also rans which is why we remain an inconsistent side, for every Gerrbrand, McCarthy and Hume there is a Gilbert, Sylla and Kisnorbo. My concern is that because this team is marooned in mid table, it is only likely to increase the chances of our better players being picked off by premiership teams and thus weakening our chances.

CL should be judged on results and therefore IMO no timescales can be given to how long he lasts in the job, if we lose the next 2 - 3 games then the pressure will increase on him, win a couple and the pressure reduces. The one thing we can be sure of is that the xmas period and the January transfer window is going to be a key time in Levein's future.

Last edited:
Fox Fan said:
Try anti-depressents. They may open your eyes.

Why can't he get us promotion? Quite frankley im sick of your negitive attiduted Talking Balls posters. I traveled to the game tonight and even though we lost we still put in a good performance. Sure we havent come away with the points, but thigs are slowly being resolved! Rembered the Goal Crisis? What Crisis?

For god sake look on the bright side of things! If we continue to imporve at the current rate in a years time we will be top of the leauge!

Because I am realistic, its not I dont think he is capable its because I think the time needed wont be long enough for him. We are probably looking at 2 years from now at the shortest for a promotion run and I think craig will be gone by then. I think he is a good manager and has done well but too many people are expecting too much me included.

Let's face it this is now the longest pre-season ever!

I'm pretty certain this season has been 'written off' to allow Craig to tinker all he wants and get the new players bedded in before pushing on next season.

I expect two new players maximum next month, followed by more shuffling of the pack before finally deciding on his preffered team/formation/playing style by March.

Orifice said:
Fair call xsub, but things were or seemed more erratic then, now I feel things appear far more stationary.

Had we held on for a win I would have been well happy, but I still think that we're stuck in mid table land untill we get something dramatic to move us up (or down) to a different level.

We were in the second division from 1987 to 1994 after we'd been in division one from 1983 to 1987. That's not erratic, it's typical City. I grew up with city as firstly a struggling division team then a mid-table second division side with hopes of the first division. Then we made it for a bit and had success beyond my wildest dreams as a City fan. I'm as gutted about our current position as anyone, but let's not make it out that we have a 'right' to be up in the top 10 of the Premier league, otherwise we will just sound like Newcastle, Wolves, Villa etc etc who all have delusions of grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566